Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. Read each of the following statements and select the one that best describes your education to meet the basic requirement for the Supervisory Public Health Educator.A. I possess a 4 year degree in health education, health management, education, sociology, community development, social work, or educational psychology. (You must submit your transcript at time of application submission)
2. Read each of the following statements and select the one that best describes your experience to meet the specialized experience requirement for the Supervisory Public Health Educator.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 in the Federal service that included leading and promoting a public health program or public health initiative at the state or national level; developing, implementing, and evaluating public education, outreach, and web communications programs at a state or national level; and conducting briefings with senior state or national public officials, board of directors, or legislative officials on such programs. (This experience must be demonstrated within your resume)
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Review state or federal legislation related to environmental health, food processing, or food safety issues that affect public health programs.
4. Provide authoritative advice on public health legislation for state or national public health initiatives.
5. Consult community-based organizations on public health programs.
6. Lead and direct state or national public educational health programs for a specific population or demographic.
7. Lead and direct public health programs that directly affect the public health at a state or national level.
8. Serve as chairperson or presiding decision maker for focus groups or ad-hoc committees concerning public health, food processing or safety, or environmental health initiatives.
9. Create budget and resource proposals for state or national public health campaigns or initiatives.
10. Develop tools and systems to assess the effectiveness of public health education programs, policies, and procedures.
11. Evaluate public health programs to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, etc.
12. Implement changes to public health programs in which discrepancies are identified.
13. Direct senior staff and subordinate supervisors to implement state or national public health campaigns or initiatives.
14. Prepare complex reports that support policy or decisions on public health initiatives.
15. Draft public health legislation for state or national public health initiatives.
16. Develop position papers to defend policy or decisions to public interest groups, media, or regulated industry.
17. Lead and direct public health educational campaigns utilizing web, social media resources, or contact center resources.
18. Lead and direct operating procedures for complex or controversial public health programs at a state or national level.
19. Serve as an expert consultant or senior official with other senior state or national experts/officials to manage and coordinate the development of state or national awareness campaigns or public health programs.
20. Lead and direct the organizational structuring of functional responsibilities and work assignments at a senior level.
21. Participate in interagency group programs such as the Government Contact Center Council (G3C) or other related contact center programs to discuss best practices, research, trends, challenges, etc.
22. Identify staffing needs and requirements for a program
23. Direct the hiring of senior supervisors, staff, and experts.
24. Provide direction to subordinate staff in the development of short and long range plans at a senior level.
25. Evaluate the performance and accomplishment of senior supervisors, staff, and experts.