Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 823035
STAFF CURATOR (MUSEUM MGMT), GS-1015-13
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
The incumbent may be required, as an incidental duty, to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicles in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?A. I certify that I possess a valid Driver's License.
You must meet the minimum basic educational and/or experience requirements for Staff Curator, GS-1015 positions in the Federal government. In addition, you must have at least one year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level in the federal service.
5. From the descriptions below, select the letter that most accurately and specifically describes the education and/or experience you have that demonstrates how you meet the Basic Qualification Requirements. Mark only 1 response.A. I have a 4-year degree in Museum studies or Museum history or in an applicable subject-matter field, from an accredited college or university.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
6. Select one response below that best describes your qualifications for Staff Curator (Museum Management), GS-13. Make sure your resume supports the response selected.A. I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-12 in the federal sector in museum curatorial or collections management including but not limited to developing safe and secure storage systems to properly house museum collections; cataloguing museum collections using accepted museum standards and nomenclature; ensuring proper completion of loan, accessioning, and other documentation; moving and/or shipping museum objects using proper handling and/or packing techniques; establishing and maintaining an environmental monitoring and/or housekeeping program; leading installation of exhibits; conducting research for cataloguing of collections, developing interpretive labels, or publication.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task. (0 points)
7. Perform collections management and registration work involving archaeological collections in a museum.
8. Perform collections management and registration work involving ethnographic collections in a museum.
9. Perform collections management and registration work involving historical collections in a museum.
10. Use appropriate field methods and techniques for recovering archaeological data.
11. Manage archival and document collections in a museum.
12. Develop safe and secure storage solutions, where none exist, for the preservation of collections in a museum.
13. Identify deterioration of individual objects in a museum.
14. Perform preventative conservation work on objects in a museum.
15. Develop housekeeping guidelines and procedures for maintaining collections in a museum.
16. Maintain current museum collections records using professional museum recordkeeping standards.
17. Maintain collections management database to include data entry, cataloguing, updating, and reconciling records.
18. Catalogue museum collections using a professional museum collections management database.
19. Use computer applications for data analysis, manipulation, and presentation.
20. Catalogue archaeological collections into a database to populate mandatory cataloguing fields for archaeology.
21. Analyze data and prepare recommendations and reports based on findings.
22. Perform on-site inspections and evaluations of locations housing museum collections.
23. Conduct assessments of museum objects to identify preservation and conservation needs.
24. Draft reports documenting site assessments and recommendations.
25. Assess environmental conditions in locations housing museum collections for effects on museum collections.
26. Develop environmental monitoring processes for collections in a museum.
27. Use standard research methodologies to conduct necessary research in order to properly catalogue and document archaeological museum collections.
28. Catalogue museum objects using professional museum cataloguing standards.
29. Identify relevant factors in objects to determine whether objects should be accessioned into collections.
30. Review Notices of Inventory Completion and Notices of Intent to Repatriate for technical accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) regulations in preparation for publication.
31. Participate in NAGPRA consultations with tribal members, museum staff, and Federal agency representatives for repatriation of human remains and funerary objects.
32. Participate in repatriation of human remains and funerary objects.
33. Apply laws, regulations, guidelines, procedures, and techniques required for the preservation of museum objects in managing objects in a museum.
34. Develop and maintain working relations with Native American tribes and agencies.
35. Share information with a diverse audience using effective written and oral communications.
36. Develop and maintain working relationships with peers, researchers, and other subject matter experts.
37. Adapt to unusual situations with minimal or ambiguous guidance.
38. Explain museum collections management processes to a lay audience.
This position requires frequent travel to field office locations, schools, museums, and other repositories.
39. Are you willing to travel when required?A. Yes
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
40. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.