1. Are you a current career or career-conditional FDA/Center Veterinary Medicine federal employee with competitive status?A. Yes
2. From the statements below, choose the statement that describes your experience relevant to the position of Training Specialist, GS-1712-15.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal Service that demonstrates a practical knowledge of the subject area of the position and of the methods and techniques of instruction. This experience includes: leading the analysis, design, development and implementation of competency-based training and development programs; developing strategies, procedures, criteria and standards to assess the effectiveness and needs of a leadership, career development and mentoring program; and providing authoritative guidance on learning concepts, theories and needs analyses.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Direct staff in the development and implementation of competency-based training and professional development programs.
4. Direct collaborative academic and outreach programs with outside government agencies and other organizations, such as colleges, universities and associated industries to develop programs of mutual benefit.
5. Develop value measurement strategies to determine the impact of the Talent Development Staff program to the CVM mission.
6. Develop a CVM Competency Model to serve as the underlying foundation for the Talent Development Staff.
7. Use outputs from various analytics (i.e. reporting tools, continuous courseware/knowledge transfer review processes, and Talent Development Staff projections) to measure the effectiveness of program objectives.
8. Develop cost effective training and development solutions, such as distance learning, satellite broadcasts, blended learning approaches, web-based, classroom based, etc.
9. Identify learning and developmental needs aimed to enhance the competencies and behaviors of a workforce.
10. Review training to employees to ensure appropriate marketing and leveraging is in place to meet the needs of diverse learning styles.
11. Ensure the CVM Talent Development Staff provides support to its programs, including logistics, maintenance, and operation of CVM's training facilities.
12. Provide authoritative guidance to staff on matters concerning training in response to the Center's research, drug review and surveillance capabilities, as they impact regulated animal feed, drug issues and food safety.
13. Direct the development of an education, employee development, career development and management development training program.
14. Identify developmental and training needs of employees.
15. Represent the Center on committees, at conferences and professional meetings with senior FDA personnel and top level representatives from other Federal and state agencies on matters concerning training and professional development.