Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please select one response from the responses listed below that best indicates how you meet the education requirement for a General Health Scientist, GS-601-14 position.A. Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements in the health sciences or allied sciences.
You must meet the specialized experience requirement for this position. You must possess at least one year of specialized experience as described below:
2. Please select one response from the responses listed below that best indicates how you meet the specialized experience for a General Health Scientist, GS-601-14 position.A. I possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Examples include significant experience with the following: Expertise on communication, sufficient to coordinate with expert scientific and regulatory teams in the analysis, resolution and monitoring of postmarket safety issues involving medical devices. Experience performing work utilizing principles of leadership and management, risk communication, science, and public health. Experience utilizing principles, theory and clinical applications of medicine and science as they relate to medical devices. Expertise on medical and scientific literature and current clinical and research related to medical device issues.
Please select the response that is applicable to you.
3. Are you?A. A current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Career or Career-Conditional employee with competitive status only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level. You must select a response for each question.A- I have no experience in performing this task.
4. Participate in the analysis of identified postmarket safety issues.
5. Coordinate timely, effective identification and analysis of complex postmarket safety signals.
6. Perform project management duties on multiple efforts simultaneously.
7. Assist in the development and maintenance of overreaching policies and procedures which govern signal management processes.
8. Present clinical and other technical information to a variety of audiences.
9. Represent the organization at meetings and conferences.
10. Create and edit documents to communicate scientific and technical information to diverse audiences.
11. Lead multi-disciplinary team(s) in information gathering, compilation, analysis and solution development for device related safety issues.
12. Experience with the utilization or implementation of risk communication principles.
13. Interpret and apply rules, regulations and policies as governed by the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act.
14. Lead and participate in the development and implementation of solutions for postmarket safety issues related to medical devices.
15. Coordinate and facilitate the sharing of information regarding device safety issues.