Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 824236
Loan Specialist (Ex-Im Bank Employees Only)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
1. Carefully read the following statements and mark only one response that best describes your federal status.A. I am a current federal employee with career or career-conditional status.
2. Are you willing to work in Washington, DC and accept this position without relocation incentive?A. Yes
3. Are you a current Export-Import Bank employee?A. Yes
4. Carefully read the following descriptions of minimum qualifications and select the one that best describes your qualification.A. An undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, business administration, economics, accounting, international/government affairs, mathematics, law, statistics, or other fields related to the position.
5. Carefully read the following description of experience. Select the one that best describes your experience for the GS-14 Loan Specialist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have at least one full year at the GS-13 or one year of related experience. This experience includes activities such as: processing and reviewing complex loan, guarantee, and insurance transactions; analyzing cash flow, sensitivity, and assessment of proposed projects; evaluating the participants of a loan to perform under the terms of the transaction or contract; independently negotiating with case participants; and monitoring transaction developments.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Analyze credit applications for compliance with internal policies and procedures.
7. Analyze corporate financial statements prepared under local jurisdiction generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) using industry-standard credit underwriting and analysis criteria.
8. Assist loan applicants in understanding lending policies and guidelines as set forth by Ex-Im Bank and relevant bodies (e.g., U.S. Treasury, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), etc.).
9. Conduct summary financial analysis using Excel, Access, or other business intelligence software.
10. Extract information from data to produce documents results for credit memos to the Board of Directors or senior staff.
11. Extract data using business intelligence tools, such as Bloomberg or Reuters.
12. Review information, such as annual financial reports or similar financial disclosures, and apply fact-finding, investigative, and standard analytical techniques.
13. Select and apply accepted analytical and evaluative techniques for financial statements or other financial information to the identification and consideration of issues or problems.
14. Prepare comments, scenario analysis, and recommendations on financial and/or credit issues for executive and managerial consideration.
15. Modify verbal presentations to suit participant group needs and interests.
16. Plan, develop and coordinate with planning management through briefings, presentations, and conferences for supervisors and executive management ensuring accurate and appropriately concise information is available.
17. Communicate technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
18. Develop and revise various presentations and reports (e.g., credit memos, speeches, and briefings).
19. Present supporting reports concerning work operations to assist managers in decision-making.
20. Make recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
21. Compose correspondence in response to written inquiries.
22. Compose technical or complex correspondence in writing.
23. Prepare reports, findings, guidance, recommendations and briefing papers for senior management.
24. Prepare written reports with conclusions, alternatives and recommendations on policies, projects, or external advisors' reports.