Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Supervisory Information Technology Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (15-15) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
If you are applying under Merit Promotion procedures, please select one of the following:
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. Applicants requesting consideration as a merit promotion, Schedule A, or non-competitive eligible candidate must include the appropriate required supporting documents with their application package.
The Specialty code(s) for this position are 001 and 002. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. - SF-50, performance appraisal and/or veterans documentation).
002 - Non competitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for non competitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for position at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted position covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced this 824305. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a non competitive or special hiring authority.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Information Technology Specialist position with the Department of Justice. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the IT-related experience you possess that demonstrates each of the four competencies necessary to perform the work of this position.A. I have IT related experience that demonstrates possession of each of the four competencies: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. My experience includes the following: evaluate conflicting requirements and explore available options to upgrade of enhance the level of services provided; modify service level agreements to address client's changes in business requirements; consult with experts in other specialty areas to develop integrated actions plans; and resolve issues related to the delivery of contract services.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Supervisory Information Technology Specialist work at the GS-15 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one full year of information technology experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates mastery knowledge of and ability in the full range of information technology and project management functions in order to manage infrastructure operations. Experience clearly demonstrates ability to supervise a staff of IT professionals; manage IT projects with high complexity or risk such as agency-wide system integrations that include large scale enterprise resource planning; coordinate the acquisition, installation, and configuration of the enterprise architecture; and develop policies, guidelines, and standards for the planning, development, integration, implementation and evaluation of information technology office automation systems, subsystems and hosting environments that meet overall information needs of multiple major organizational units.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Direct work assignments for contractors and staff.
4. Make decisions on work problems presented by subordinate supervisors, team leaders, or contractors.
5. Make decisions on non-routine, costly, or controversial training needs for staff.
6. Determine whether work performed by contractor meets standards of adequacy for authorization of payment.
7. Ensure reasonable equity (among units, groups, teams, projects, etc.) of performance standards and rating techniques developed by subordinates.
8. Ability to establish long range (multi-year) work plans and schedules for the organization.
9. Determine the best solution for resolving challenges that may hinder organizational objectives
10. Determine the actions needed to guide a successful information technology program at the organizational level.
11. Develop methods to evaluate the design and functionality of information technology systems in use.
12. Determine the future IT needs of the organization and develop a comprehensive plan for satisfying those needs.
13. Review critical details of terms and conditions presented in acquisition negotiations, contract plans, budgets, and changes in scope of work
14. Lead a team of engineers on more than one IT project that required compliance with Federal Enterprise Architecture.
15. Knowledge of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
16. Lead a team of software developers on more than one project that required certification and accreditation.
17. Knowledge of vulnerability scanning software.
18. Determine the appropriate customer support products or services for an agency-wide IT project.
19. Produce written Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that clearly define the requirements and expectations of complex products or services.
20. Provide technical expertise in developing guidelines for customer support service.
21. Resolve issues related to the delivery of services
22. Manage an agency wide IT project where precedents did not exist, and a large number of people or multiple agencies were affected.
23. Communicate with others to express a variety of information (e.g. technical, sensitive, controversial, etc.)
24. Present complex information effectively to various stakeholders in order to coordinate business operations.
25. Influence management and/or customers to cooperate who are working toward mutual goals.
26. Provide advice applicable to all stages of program planning and policy formulation.
27. Identify opportunities to leverage technical solutions and emerging technologies to facilitate business solutions.
28. Provide first-line communications including problem determination and problem resolution.
29. Present IT systems recommendations to senior management.
30. Serve as liaison to senior managers in the organization on matters affecting agency-wide programs.
31. Analyze technology trends and recommend solutions for IT projects.
32. Manage the lifecycle of IT projects from concept development through implementation
33. Identify customer requirements specific to the project
34. Serve as an expert consultant to top level management to solve technical IT project problems
35. Identify problems and causational factors concerning IT project
36. Evaluate reports received to determine accuracy of information and relevance to situation
37. Use sound judgment to assess options available and present feasible recommendations
38. Your responses to this Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your answers. If you provide any intentional false statement(s), deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, you may be fined and/or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); removed from consideration for this position; denied appointment to the position; or removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731)
Please review your answers to ensure accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this warning and
- verify that your responses, to the best of your knowledge and belief, accurately describe your current level of education (if applicable), experience and capability.
Note: If you fail to select a response, you WILL NOT be considered for this position.