Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following (1) questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-09 Secretary.
2. Indicate your level of typing proficiency by choosing the appropriate statement below. A typing test may be administered at a later time in process.
For each task in following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Establishing priorities and arranging, shifting, or cancelling appointments and meetings to be attended by senior executive.
4. Editing other written material for adherence with senior executives established policies, writing style, and previously expressed views.
5. Independently dealing with matters addressed to a senior executive that do not requires his/her personal attention by referring such to appropriate staff members.
6. Attending meetings and conferences to record, summarize, and distribute minutes.
7. Determining which calls must be referred to the senior executive and which can be resolved personally or by a more appropriate staff member.
8. Screening telephone calls and visitors desiring to speak with a senior executive.
9. Arranging conferences and meetings for a senior executive (e.g., preparing agenda, notifying participants, and arranging luncheons.
10. Providing senior executive with information, feedback, opinion, and suggestions on various administrative matters.
11. Developing a variety of recurring reports and documents which involve obtaining information from staff, subject matter files, or other sources.
12. Composing a variety of written material.
13. Ensuring documents are in the proper format, and that spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar have been verified.
14. Producing a variety of written documents utilizing varied and advanced functions in one or more types of office automation software.
15. Exercising exclusive control over a senior executive's calendar for all appointments, meetings, engagements, and conferences with complete authority for commitments of time.
16. Reviewing all outgoing correspondence preparing a senior executive's signature (e.g., action documents, case files, legal documents and reports.
17. Reading and screening incoming mail.
18. Making travel arrangements for a senior executive.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
19. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department