1. Do you possess a Doctoral degree in Psychology from an accredited college or university whose curriculum psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) and by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; and full curriculum in clinical or counseling psychology or other specialty area of psychology pertinent to the position being filled? The specialty area of the degree must be the same as that in which the applicant is to be employed; and (c) Completed a professional psychology internship training program accredited by the APA and which are satisfactory to the Secretary of Veterans Affairs? (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED).
2. For GS-11: Do you possess one (1) year of specialized experience that equips you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position at the GS-11 level? To be creditable, this experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-09 level related to the position. Specialized experience is professional experience that equips the applicant with the knowledge, skills and ability to diagnose mental disorders, conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments, treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders practicing under the close supervision of a licensed psychologist?
3. For GS-12: In addition to meeting the basic education requirement above, do you possess any of the following; Do you possess one (1) year of specialized experience that equips you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position at the GS-12 level? To be creditable, this experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-11 level related to the position. Specialized experience is professional experience that equips the applicant with the knowledge, skills and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations, ability to develop coherent treatment strategies and the ability to incorporate new clinical procedures?
4. For GS-13: In addition to meeting the basic education requirement above, do you possess any of the following; Do you possess one (1) year of specialized experience that equips you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position at the GS-13 level? To be creditable, this experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-12 level related to the position. Specialized experience is professional experience that equips the applicant with the knowledge, skills and ability to apply a wide range of advanced professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations, the ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health, and knowledge of clinical research literature.
5. Hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?
6. Must pass physical examination and TB test before entering on duty.
GENERAL SCHEDULEA- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including comprehensive psychological evaluations to individuals with substance use disorders.
8. Assists with the coordination of the ACT teams clinical activities, including case management of individuals waiting for residential admissions.
9. Works closely with the ACT psychiatrist to determine appropriateness of referred patients for residential treatment and facilitates appropriate admissions or referrals to other services as indicated.
10. Provides a full range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions in an outpatient setting. These interventions include motivational interviewing, cognitive-behavioral therapy, milieu-based interventions, and other modalities as needed to meet the specific needs of the clinic patients..
11. Participates effectively as a member of an inter-professional team and Contributes to treatment planning and care coordination. Consult with medical center staff, both within and outside of the ATS, on a wide variety of patient care issues.
12. Consults with community-based providers as needed to facilitate care coordination.
13. Responsible for timely completion of all clinical charting and documentation required by the Medical Center or healthcare system, as appropriate.
14. Under the direction of the ACT Psychiatrist; designs and implements procedures to support and facilitate inpatient and/or ambulatory medically supervised withdrawal.
15. Oversees ACT staff, in conjunction with ACT Program Director, who evaluate and case manage veterans entering residential treatment.
16. Designs and implements processes and procedures for VISN level interfacility residential consults and referrals.
17. Designs and implements processes for maintaining positive productive and collaborative relationships with VA and non-VA referring programs and programs to whom referrals are made.
18. Designs and implements procedures to track referrals and dispositions of patients referred to ACT.
19. Provide clinical supervision to psychology trainees including practicum students, interns, and postdoctoral fellows. Provide training and supervision as needed to other disciplines including medicine, nursing, social work, occupational and physical therapy.
20. Provide training to program staff and other health care providers, as needed.
21. Supports the Psychology Service training program as needed by serving on committees, presenting at seminars and other activities.
22. Plans and oversees the completion of personal research programs, designed to provide information regarding program planning and relevant treatment approaches as needed.
23. Presents outcome data and research results at VA and regional or national scientific or professional meetings.
24. Assists in preparation of RFP's and grant proposals.
25. Assist as needed with quality assurance, program evaluation, and other activities required for the ACT team to meet a variety of administrative standards.
26. Serve on Medical Center or Healthcare System, VISN, and/or National VA committees or task forces as needed.
27. Represents psychology on decision-making committees at the Medical Center or Healthcare System as needed.
28. Provides services, as needed, to promote the efficient operation of the health care system. These services may include such activities as: serving as a counselor for the Employee Assistance Program, performing required psychological evaluations for VA Police officers, serving on health care system committees and boards of investigations.
29. Represents the Medical Center or Healthcare System at professional/program community group/events and committees, as needed.
Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
30. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.