Please refer to the descriptions and/or requirements below when selecting the occupational specialty code(s) for your application/consideration (multiple selections can be made). Please note that regardless of the occupational specialty code selected you must meet the basic qualifications and specialized experience requirements for this position as described in this announcement. You must also submit any and all supporting documentation necessary to verify your responses and eligibility for any special status or veterans status being claimed (i.e.: SF-50, DD-214, Letter of Disability, etc.).
001 Merit Promotion Competitive Applicant:
You are a current Federal career or career conditional employee; a Federal excepted service employee in an Agency with an OPM interchange agreement; or a CTAP/ICTAP eligible.
In addition, if the announcement is open to Federal employees Government wide then Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligibles (i.e., veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after completing approximately 3 or more years of continuous active service) should also select this Occupational Specialty Code.
002 Merit Promotion Plan Non-Competitive Appointment Eligible:
You are eligible for non-competitive appointment based on your special status. This includes only candidates not subject to merit promotion competitive procedures, e.g., permanent Federal employees eligible through reassignment or transfer to a position with no greater promotion potential than previously held in a non-temporary position in the competitive service, and those eligible for other non-competitive appointing authorities such as VRA eligibles (VRA eligibility does not apply if this position is above the GS-11 level.), 30% or more disabled veterans, severely disabled individuals; returned volunteers from the Peace Corps, Vista, or PLC; etc. Please note you must indicate the type of special appointment you are seeking in your resume or supporting documentation and follow all other instructions for applying shown in this announcement. You must also provide all required supporting documentation (such as a physician's letter of disability; SF-15, DD-214, and VA Letter; Peace Corps Service letter; Vista or PLC Service letter; etc.) to verify your eligibility for special status.
1. Please read each response carefully and select the one response that best reflects your status/and or eligibility to apply for consideration under this announcement.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience requirements for a Facility Services Assistant, GS-1603-06 position. Read all of the responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience requirements for a Facility Services Assistant, GS-1603-07 position. Read all of the responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position
INSTRUCTIONS: For each of the task statements below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The task statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your responses to the task statements below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
4. Use facility management software such as the Facility Management Software System (FMSS) or equivalent database.
5. Use facility maintenance software such as Cost Estimating Software System (CESS), Project Scoping Tool (PST) and the Project Management Information System (PMIS) or equivalent software programs.
6. Provide technical support on all aspects of facility management database software used to track facility operations and maintenance activities (Please specifically describe this experience in your application).
7. Perform and monitor technical data entry and retrieval, identify invalid data and suggest corrections.
8. Develop quality assurance and quality control procedures to monitor the accuracy of data.
9. Implement, operate, and maintain a facility management database in order to report accurate and pertinent information relative to the asset management planning and maintenance and construction expenditures and needs.
10. Establish, maintain, and update a computerized inventory of fleet, and federal real property.
11. Schedule and assist in performing asset condition assessments.
12. Maintain and update all location, and asset records and specification templates as required before deadlines.
13. Assist in preparing and submitting project management information documents for funding requests within the cyclic, repair/rehab, equipment replacement, line item and fee programs, which includes formulating project descriptions, justifications measurable results and cost estimates needed to correct asset deficiencies (Please specifically describe this experience in your application).
14. Prepare and monitor work orders including labor, materials, and contract actual expenses to appropriate work orders. Compare actual versus planned costs and accomplishments, and change work order status as needed.
15. Run reports on labor, utilization, asset conditions, housing and project expenses, and requisition data for use by management.
16. Work with staff members including facility managers, maintenance supervisors, and other management and staff members to compile and enter necessary information to produce accurate facility management reports.
17. Collect and analyze data from a variety of planning and budget programs.
18. Work with project developers to prepare accurate work orders and cost estimates using a cost estimating software program.
19. Provide training and guidance on facility management software and related programs to facility supervisors, maintenance staff, and other staff members.
20. Use basic working knowledge of carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, custodial, masonry, grounds, roads, and trails, to assist higher graded workers with more simple and routine tasks (Please specifically describe this experience in your application).
21. Perform a variety of duties with short deadlines while working under pressure (Please specifically describe this experience in your application).
22. Prioritize assignments, and deal with numerous interruptions in the daily schedule.
23. Prepare reports with computerized and manual data management programs and recommend changes or adjustments to data gathering and reporting procedures and formats to meet program objectives.
24. Review and evaluate information from a variety of sources and provide recommendations for management.
25. Establish protocols to translate data into graphic form to illustrate and support organizational performance goals.
26. Prepare administrative reports such as fleet, energy, sustainability and other routine required reports.
27. Prepare memoranda, reports, requests for information, and other correspondence for approval and signature.
28. Establish priorities of clerical work to assure efficiency of the organization.
29. Establish controls on items that are administratively sensitive and follow up with staff to ensure time frames on reply due dates are on target.
30. Organize paper and electronic files, reports, and other documents so they are readily useable by others.
31. Operate a computer terminal, printer, various software products, word processing, calculators, and photocopy machines.
32. Use advanced computer skills for complex word processing tasks, spreadsheet development, and database manipulation (Please specifically describe this experience in your application).
33. Operate database management programs in order to maintain data, and synthesize information into graphic and other report formats.
34. Use advanced software functions, such as schedulers, report generators, link, merge or other built-in routines, to produce documents with required formats.
35. Operate interactive computer functions such as: generation of detailed reports; importation of graphics or visual exhibits into narratives; update and revision of existing databases or spreadsheets; database auditing; printing predefined database management reports; creation of training documents, graphs, charts and spreadsheets.
36. Perform a substantial range of database applications within each software type, and provide management with data to assess the efficiency of maintenance programs and operations.
37. Work with staff including facility managers, maintenance supervisors, and other management and staff members to compile and enter necessary information to produce accurate facility management reports.
38. Use communications skills in order to express information to and collaborate with individuals, groups, and other organizations.
39. INSTRUCTIONS: Your self-ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.