Please respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best describes your experience and training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information provided in your resume, your application, and information provided by your references.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best describes your basic level of education or experience as a Contract Specialist. Note: Provide all transcripts to verify that you meet the educational requirement if using education to meet this requirement.A. I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree.
2. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best describes your level of specialized experience or graduate education as a Contract Specialist.A. I have one or more years of specialized experience in contracting equivalent to the GS-7 Federal grade level. Examples of specialized experience include determining the most appropriate method of procurement, reviewing procurement documents to ensure applicable laws and regulations are observed, writing procurement solicitations for publication, and analyzing offers to determine the responsiveness and responsibility of the contractor.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list below that best describe your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Evaluate bids and offers based on monetary criteria.
4. Assist price or cost analysts in conducting price analyses or cost analyses for negotiated procurements.
5. Analyze offers to determine the responsiveness and responsibility of the contractor.
6. Coordinate with technical personnel to determine acceptability of technical proposals or reasonableness of prices.
7. Determine the most appropriate method of procurement.
8. Recommend the appropriate contract type considering the price, risk to the organization, and the evaluation criteria as set forth in the solicitation.
9. Make recommendations pertaining to progress payments, price revisions, special payments, or cost overruns.
10. Review deviations from contractual terms, specifications, changes of proposals, supplemental agreements, or engineering change proposals for approval.
11. Recommend termination of contracts for convenience or default.
12. Advertise all applicable contract requirements to promote maximum competition among qualified sources.
13. Review procurement documents to ensure applicable laws and regulations are observed.
14. Monitor contract progress to determine contractor adherence to legal, financial, production, and delivery requirements.
15. Close out contracts ensuring financial information is accurate and up to date.
16. Negotiate price with proposing contractors.
17. Provide technical advice in the development of procurement work or data requirements.
18. Negotiate changes in the terms of contracts to include specifications, delivery schedules, and payment.
19. Attend meetings and conferences to resolve contractual problems.
20. Attend meetings and conference to make recommendations concerning contract placement, administration, and termination.
21. Document files to indicate the most appropriate method of procurement.
22. Write supporting procurement documents such as procurement plans, justifications, and findings and determinations.
23. Develop procurement documentation with special clauses including terms and conditions.
24. Prepare invitations for bid, requests for proposals, or requests for quotations.
25. Write procurement solicitations for publication.
26. Draft responses to protests or congressional inquiries.
27. Prepare settlement history and termination papers.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
28. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.