Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best describes your experience and training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information provided in your resume, your application, and information provided by your references.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best describes your basic level of education or experience as a Contract Specialist. Note: Provide all transcripts to verify that you meet the educational requirement if using education to meet this requirement.A. I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree.
2. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best describes your level of specialized experience or graduate education as a Contract Specialist.A. I have one or more years of specialized experience in contracting equivalent to the GS-7 Federal grade level. Examples of specialized experience include determining the most appropriate method of procurement, reviewing procurement documents to ensure applicable laws and regulations are observed, writing procurement solicitations for publication, and analyzing offers to determine the responsiveness and responsibility of the contractor.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list below that best describe your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Evaluate bids and offers based on monetary criteria.
4. Assist price or cost analysts in conducting price analyses or cost analyses for negotiated procurements.
5. Analyze offers to determine the responsiveness and responsibility of the contractor.
6. Coordinate with technical personnel to determine acceptability of technical proposals or reasonableness of prices.
7. Determine the most appropriate method of procurement.
8. Recommend the appropriate contract type considering the price, risk to the organization, and the evaluation criteria as set forth in the solicitation.
9. Make recommendations pertaining to progress payments, price revisions, special payments, or cost overruns.
10. Review deviations from contractual terms, specifications, changes of proposals, supplemental agreements, or engineering change proposals for approval.
11. Recommend termination of contracts for convenience or default.
12. Advertise all applicable contract requirements to promote maximum competition among qualified sources.
13. Review procurement documents to ensure applicable laws and regulations are observed.
14. Monitor contract progress to determine contractor adherence to legal, financial, production, and delivery requirements.
15. Close out contracts ensuring financial information is accurate and up to date.
16. Negotiate price with proposing contractors.
17. Provide technical advice in the development of procurement work or data requirements.
18. Negotiate changes in the terms of contracts to include specifications, delivery schedules, and payment.
19. Attend meetings and conferences to resolve contractual problems.
20. Attend meetings and conference to make recommendations concerning contract placement, administration, and termination.
21. Document files to indicate the most appropriate method of procurement.
22. Write supporting procurement documents such as procurement plans, justifications, and findings and determinations.
23. Develop procurement documentation with special clauses including terms and conditions.
24. Prepare invitations for bid, requests for proposals, or requests for quotations.
25. Write procurement solicitations for publication.
26. Draft responses to protests or congressional inquiries.
27. Prepare settlement history and termination papers.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
28. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.