Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 824864
Chief, Pharmacy Service GS-14
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please respond to all of the questions below which relate to your eligibility, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledges, skills and abilities) for the Chief, Pharmacy Service position.
1. Are you a graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university? (The degree program must have been approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). Graduates of foreign pharmacy degree programs meet the educational requirement if their degree is found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the ACPE. This finding may be based on any of the following (a) a letter of acceptance into a U.S. graduate pharmacy program recognized by the ACPE; (b) written certification from the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Commission; or (c) a letter from a U.S. college or university with a pharmacy degree program recognized by ACPE stating that the individual's foreign pharmacy degree has been evaluated and found to be equivalent to its Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree or higher.A. Yes
2. Do you possess a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia? (Please fax a copy of license)A. Yes
3. Are you proficient in spoken and written English? (To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., 7402 (d) and 7407 (d), to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.)A. Yes
4. Do you possess one year of creditable experience at the next lower grade level (GS-13) which is directly related to the position to be filled?A. Yes.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Utilize negotiation skills to influence clinical and management decisions.
6. Communicate effectively orally regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
7. Communicate effectively in writing regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
8. Utilize regulatory and quality standards to develop and implement operational programs i.e. Quality Improvement, Utilization Management, Informatics, or Drug Information.
9. Manage multiple and diverse people and/or programs.
10. Supervise and administer all personnel management programs, such as Performance Management System and taking disciplinary actions.
11. Develop resource management proposals to identify resource savings, propose resource allocation, and manage pharmacy service to support the missions and goals of the organization.
12. Plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of an organization.
13. Develop, nurture, and sustain relationships with major stakeholders in hospital administration and other hospital staff.
14. Apply pharmaco-economic principles to the forecasting and budgeting process.
15. Monitor and assess the outcome of drug therapies including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
Please choose the answers below that best describe your employment and experience. Note: "Target grade" is the highest grade included in this announcement.
1. If you are a permanent employee of the facility in which this vacancy is offered, choose one of the statements below. Otherwise, choose D.A. I have not held the target grade of this vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis.
2. VERIFICATION STATEMENT: Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and 9other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.