Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Regulatory Counsel GS-301-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, implementing statutes and regulations in a regulatory process environment; evaluating regulatory data and making recommendations that are consistent with policies and law; draft summaries, briefing materials; and developing and implementing effective strategic changes to improve processes and procedures.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Assists in leading an organization's rulemaking and guidance development activities.
3. Develop regulatory documents consistent with all applicable laws and policies.
4. Collaborate with other offices to plan for and develop effective regulatory programs.
5. Review, summarize, and draft responses to public comments received on proposed regulations.
6. Provide technical advice and guidance to others in the area of regulatory expertise.
7. Serve as an expert concerning an organization's statutes and regulations.
8. Make oral presentations explaining the substance and procedures involved in regulation and guidance development.
9. Consult with staff at all levels to resolve disagreements.
10. Resolve disagreements through the use of decision memoranda or through meetings.
11. Articulate policy consensus reached through this process.
12. Develop and draft a wide range of regulatory and policy documents.
13. Prepare, clear andfinal organization responses to inquiries.
14. Draft regulations and guidance documents that are clear, well written, and based on an adequate administrative record.
15. Draft regulatory documents that follow Federal Register format and comply with all applicable legal requirements and policies.