Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Behavioral Scientist, GS-0101-14.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Behavioral Scientist, GS-0101-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, including experience in leading, planning, developing, evaluating, and/or implementing public health initiatives, activities and program operations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Lead and/or participate in injury prevention studies to isolate behavioral aspects contributing to public health issues.
4. Develop strategies and programs to address the behavioral components of injury prevention issues.
5. Develop and monitor new policies, practices, methods and techniques to respond to urgent public health needs.
6. Plan, develop and implement innovative methods and approaches for dealing with injury prevention programs.
7. Recommend changes in policy, program operations, and resources to improve effectiveness.
8. Participate on panels and committees to develop guidelines and recommendations on key injury prevention issues.
9. Collaborate with CDC staff in designing programs that include behavioral aspects in order to achieve an integrated approach to injury prevention.
10. Partner with other government agencies and private organizations to accomplish program goals.
11. Establish internal and external partnerships to strengthen the scope and quality of the Division's activities.
12. Collaborate with CDC entities and other Federal and national organizations to direct injury prevention activities.
13. Provide consultation to stakeholders on key injury prevention topics to ensure consistency of injury prevention goals.
14. Exercise initiative, persistence, tact and to maintain working relationships internal and external to the agency.
15. Participate in injury prevention conferences, meetings, or hearings to communicate program initiatives and goals.
16. Serve as liaison between Division and agency staff to assure that projects align with the Center's mission and objectives.
17. Review reports, scientific papers, and other materials to provide recommendations on complex scientific issues.
18. Prepare and review articles or monographs describing findings from research, studies or projects for Division.
19. Develop and coordinate review and reporting procedures to accurately describe the nature of injury prevention problems.
20. Review protocols, research designs, and manuscripts to prepare for publication or presentation at meetings and conferences.
21. Perform Division clearance of scientific papers and other written materials submitted for Division review and approval.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.