Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Mathematical Statistician
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic requirement for this position. All applicants must submit transcripts to support their answer to this question. Failure to provide documentation may result in an ineligible rating.A. I possess a Bachelor's or higher degree that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics. (Courses acceptable toward meeting the mathematics course requirement must have included at least four of the following: differential calculus, integral calculus, advanced calculus, theory of equations, vector analysis, advanced algebra, linear algebra, mathematical logic, differential equations, or any other advanced course in mathematics for which one of these was a prerequisite. Courses in mathematical statistics or probability theory with a prerequisite of elementary calculus or more advanced courses will be accepted toward meeting the mathematics requirements, with the provision that the same course cannot be counted toward both the mathematics and the statistics requirement.)
2. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, analyzing complex statistical data (e.g. multi-variate) using standard or established methods; assisting in the development of new or revised statistical techniques to resolve research problems; drafting reports or papers on the technical or statistical aspects of a research project or survey; and providing advice and guidance to research staff on the use of statistical techniques.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Design the statistical portion of studies or surveys
4. Validate statistical methods and computations used to verify the accuracy of data from studies
5. Apply statistical methods to perform the analysis of data
6. Provide technical guidance to scientists or researchers from various organizations on the use of analytical or statistical methods to resolve common problems
7. Determine the adequacy of data to support statistical findings
8. Develop new statistical or mathematical methods and techniques to meet project or study requirements
9. Recommend statistical methods and techniques to improve the quality and validity of scientific research performed
10. Develop modified statistical or mathematical methods to evaluate data
11. Advise scientists and professionals on the interpretation and use of statistical analysis in studies
12. Present briefings to high level scientific officials on the statistical evaluation of data
13. Represent the department in meetings, conferences or briefings on findings from scientific studies or surveys
14. Develop summaries of statistical findings from studies or surveys
15. Contribute to the writing of reports, papers and publication on studies or surveys for publication
16. Prepare written documentation on new or modified statistical methods for use in scientific projects or research