Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Financial Management Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (09-11) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The Specialty Code for this position is 001 - Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a Financial Management Specialist position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Financial Management Specialist work at the GS-09 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service performing the following duties: 1)checks the accuracy and consistency of data such as estimates, obligations, expenditures, revenues, and reimbursements; 2) decides which records and documents to review and which data to extract from them; 3) determines which methods, schedules, forms, and documents on which to enter or adjust data; and 4) establishes deadlines in accordance with regulations.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Financial Management Specialist work at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service performing the following: 1) compiling, analyzing and summarizing financial and/or budgetary information for assigned areas; 2) translating organizational needs and objectives, by line item and object class, into budget dollars and funding actions; 3) recommending approval or disapproval of requests for allotments of funds, or actions involving the commitment of funds; 4) checking for proper authorizations, early payments, and late payments; 5) preparing monthly management reports showing asset acquisitions and disposal during the month; 6) preparing journal entries to remove disposed assets from the ledger ; and 7) taking appropriate action regarding missing documents and data, and documentation errors.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Record all incoming cash and checks received for deposit within established guidelines.
4. Track the progress of financial activities towards meeting program objectives.
5. Examine invoices to determine if they are payable.
6. Prepare daily batches for certification of payment.
7. Authorize the disbursement of funds in accordance with documents duly signed by approving officer.
8. Conduct research to identify and analyze trends in the use of funds.
9. Verify data elements received prior to sub-certificate of daily payments.
10. Resolve discrepancies found in processing invoices or IPAC charges.
11. Assist program managers and staff officials interpreting the impact of and planning for multi-year financial/budgetary changes.
12. Respond to telephone inquiries from vendors and employees to answer general questions.
13. Provide guidance and direction regarding cost analysis and reporting.
14. Keep supervisor informed of progress and potentially controversial matters.
15. Prepare a variety of management reports concerning the status of funds, expenses, and obligations.
16. Provide written recommendations to management for discrepancies in disbursement activities.
17. Develop written reports to recommend changes to programs or procedures.