Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Dispute Resolution Support Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (11-11) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code below.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Warning Statement: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. Note: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.A. I agree with the warning statement above and will not overstate or understate my level of experience and demonstrated capability.
2. Please select the response that BEST describes the education and/or specialized experience you possess that meets the minimum qualifications for a GS-11 Dispute Resolution Support Specialist. FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.A. I successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related, in an accredited college or university.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Apply analytical and evaluative techniques to alternative dispute resolution (ADR) law, policies, practices, and procedures.
4. Gather information for dispute resolution services by conducting searches of, e.g., library references, files, corporate records, studies, computer databases, and spreadsheets.
5. Apply knowledge of standardized administrative practices and procedures to provide support for dispute resolution areas, e.g., budget preparation, training, information technology, performing administrative tasks, maintaining database of ADR funding, and preparing reports.
6. Conduct searches of policies, practices, and case precedent for use by staff in developing and delivering dispute resolution services.
7. Assess the success of established dispute prevention program methods and measures and suggest refinements.
8. Review alternate dispute resolution (ADR) funding applications from attorneys to use ADR processes in pending Federal litigation.
9. Update database spreadsheets to track assets and liabilities of an annual fund for employment of alternate dispute resolution (ADR) professionals to mediate litigation.
10. Develop a case tracking system for the disposition of pending dispute resolution cases.
11. Prepare budget analysis and maintain budget records.
12. Deliver briefings to managers and/or attorneys regarding administrative dispute resolution activities.
13. Respond to inquiries from attorneys regarding availability of funding for alternate dispute resolution (ADR) services for their cases.
14. Recommend approval or disapproval of applications for alternate dispute resolution (ADR) funding to director or senior manager.
15. Provide advance notice of potential budgetary problems or shortages to senior management.
16. Prepare briefings for managers and/or attorneys regarding administrative dispute resolution activities.
17. Write reports that include spreadsheets and graphs detailing dispute resolution activities.
18. Analyze data and convert into spreadsheets and graphs for written reports.
19. Develop training materials for dispute resolution presentations for conferences.
20. Certification of Information Accuracy: I have taken an opportunity to review my responses to ensure their accuracy. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in me not being considered for this position. Note: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.