1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. You must submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.A. I have completed a 4-year degree in accounting or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 hours in accounting and/or auditing (the 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit for business law)
Your responses to the questions below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Staff Accountant. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience and/or education you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. For the GS-13 grade level: Do you have at least one year of specialized experience comparable to GS-12 in the Federal service which is directly related to the work of this position performing the following: computing and developing indirect cost rates, reviewing indirect cost rate proposals; planning and conducting vulnerability assessments and evaluations of internal control systems, conducting financial compliance and administrative reviews; and testing controls and transactions.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Conduct indirect cost reviews, and establish and negotiate indirect cost rates.
4. Perform financial capability reviews
5. Respond to inquiries regarding cost allowability of audited related issues.
6. Apply cost accounting, cost principles and indirect cost rate policies to analyze and develop policies related to indirect cost grants and agreements.
7. Plan and perform internal control testing and risk assessment.
8. Review policies, procedures, and systems supporting cash management activities and processes
9. Develop plans of action to resolve management controls and weakness.
10. Conduct price/cost analysis techniques including cost estimating relationships.
11. Provide advice on cost principles, internal control assessments, development and implementation of new agency operations, procedures and policies at awardee organizations.
12. Conduct administrative reviews of various types grantees, including determination of appropriate indirect cost rates, adequacy of accounting systems, and fiscal capabilities.
13. Consolidate findings of financial reviews, making recommendations to correct deficiencies, and presenting recommendations to senior staff.
14. Monitor the implementation of corrective actions to improve deficiencies.
15. Provide guidance regarding financial management systems, accounting techniques, and cost allocation methods.
16. Apply accounting techniques and methods to resolve financial problems.
17. Interpret, apply, and advise others on Federal, State, or local accounting regulations.
18. Plan, coordinate, and conduct financial reviews of private, local, state, or federal financial operations.
19. Validate, monitor, control and maintain accounting transactions and records.
20. Work closely with team members to acquire information necessary to complete a financial review.
21. Examine documents to determine if transactions were properly supported in accordance with pertinent laws, policies, procedures and practices.
22. Interpret and apply accounting and audit principles to programs.
23. Prepare working papers and verify reports against source accounts and records.
24. Utilize specialized accounting and auditing concepts, practices, and techniques to interpret financial information, provide advice/direction, and offer alternative courses of action.
25. Review, analyze, and resolve A-133 audits as a representative of a cognizant agency.
26. Respond to OIG and GAO audit findings.
27. Prepare reports, for higher management's review, which outlined findings, trouble areas, and recommendations for corrective action and improvement.
28. Maintain working relationships with a diverse customers, including high-level officials, both within and outside of my organization in order to provide or receive information necessary for the completion of my duties.
29. As previously explained, your ratings in this questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on documents and references you submit. Later steps in the evaluation process are specifically designed to verify your qualifications and ratings. Please take this opportunity to review your responses and verify their accuracy.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.