Thank you for your interest in the Extramural Support Assistant (OA), (GS-303-6/7) position at our Agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for an Extramural Support Assistant (OA) GS-303-6 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-6 level because I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: processing grant applications and related paperwork, serving as a point of contact for an assigned areas, creating files and documents for program staff, processing travel orders, responding to customer inquiries, maintaining data in local databases, scheduling meetings and arranging for meeting facilities and equipment.
2. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for an Extramural Support Assistant (OA) GS-303-7 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-7 level because I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-6 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: independently processing required documents for travel or related to the processing of grants and/or contracts, resolving non-routine administrative issues for program staff, reviewing work of other staff to ensure compliance, preparing and running reports from various databases for management, coordinating logistical support for program staff.
3. This position requires the skill of a qualified typist. You must be able to type at least 40 words per minute. From the description below, choose the response that best describes your typing skill:
The following section is used to determine your non-competitive eligibility or priority consideration. If you want non-competitive or priority consideration, you must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated.
1. Schedule A (Individuals with Disabilities) - I am an individual who has a permanent, severe physical, psychiatric, or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and wish to be considered non-competitively.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit Proof of Disability. If you are selected, you will be asked to provide a Certificate of Job Readiness. You can obtain this documentation from a licensed medical professional; licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (State or private); or any Federal agency, State agency, agency of the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits.
For more information on this hiring flexibility, please visit the USAJobs Individuals with Disabilities PageA. Yes
2. Commissioned Corps Member– I am currently an officer enlisted in the PHS Commissioned Corps. I am interested in staying in the Corps if selected. NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you will NOT be referred on the competitive Delegated Examining certificate of eligibles, as selection from that list would require you to resign or retire from the Corps. For more information on the Commissioned Corps, please visit the U.S. Public Health Service Commission Corps Website.
3. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.A. Yes
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
1. Prepare and process grant related materials.
2. Provide direction, guidance, and instruction to co-workers and new professional staff.
3. Provide status updates for ongoing projects and activities.
4. Propose alternative solutions or approaches to work-related problems.
5. Identify and resolve problems or issues that arise.
6. Review files, records, and documents for completeness.
7. Maintain information files and processed paperwork.
8. Receive and screen visitors and telephone calls.
9. Evaluate incoming communications and determine urgency when required.
10. Receive, sort, and distribute office mail.
11. Prepare requisitions for purchase of office supplies.
12. Prepare and process meeting materials (i.e., schedules, copies, notebooks, etc.)
13. Arrange travel and accommodations for staff.
14. Prepare travel arrangements and complete vouchers after travel has been completed.
15. Arrange the logistics for advisory group meetings (i.e., time, participants, agenda, space, and equipment).
16. Provide information and answer questions for meeting participants.
17. Oversee the review and processing of travel vouchers to ensure they are complete, accurate, and ready to submit for reimbursement.
18. Type and edit a variety of forms, records, and correspondences.
19. Schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings using electronic calendars.
20. Establish and maintain databases.
21. Perform file searches using automated databases.
For the next group of responses, indicate if you are proficient with the software identified (proficient means you understand and have utilized a major part of the system's functionality/capabilities). Your resume should reflect this experience.
22. Are you proficient in using MS Word?A. Yes
23. Are you proficient in using MS Excel?A. Yes
24. Are you proficient in using MS Access?A. Yes
25. Are you proficient in using MS Outlook?A. Yes
26. Are you proficient in using MS PowerPoint?A. Yes
27. Are you proficient in using Word Perfect?A. Yes
28. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.