Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Information Technology Specialist (Information Security)
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
If you are applying under Merit Promotion procedures, please select one of the following:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in an Information Technologist (Information Security) position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the IT-related experience you possess that demonstrates each of the four competencies necessary to perform IT Specialist (Information Security) work.A. I have IT related experience that demonstrates possession of each of the four competencies: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. My experience includes: conducting analyses and recommending resolution of issues affecting complex assignments; installing and trouble-shooting software upgrades for a department; providing advice and guidance on a wide range of IT issues; and testing and optimizing the functionality of systems, networks, and data.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform IT Specialist (Information Security) work at the GS-13 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service performing the following duties: 1) drafting position papers on IT issues such as the implementation of emerging technologies; 2) evaluating, recommending the acquisition of, implementing, and disseminating IT security tools, procedures, and practices to protect information assets from security risks; 3) planning and conducting security accreditation reviews for financial management systems; and 4) making recommendations for new or revised security measures and countermeasures based on the results of accreditation reviews.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Review specifications of all IT-related purchases to ensure they contain full consideration of security-related needs
4. Monitor progress toward enhanced security measures outlined in certifications
5. Analyze statutory requirements against existing directives to assess the degree of change needed to comply with new requirements
6. Conduct feasibility studies, proposals, and in-depth analyses of current IT security requirements and forecast trends for future modifications
7. Configure Commercial Off-the-Shelf products to achieve the financial management objectives of the department.
8. Implement higher-level security requirements, such as those resulting from laws, regulations, or directives
9. Develop systems security policy, guidelines, an procedures for systems processing multiple applications that require differing and conflicting security controls
10. Ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of IT systems through full compliance with policies and standards
11. Identify actual and potential cyber security problems, trends, and weakness
12. Develop long-range objectives and milestones for IT projects involving financial management processes
13. Implement IT project management procedures, tools, templates, activities, and infrastructure to align internal business practices
14. Determine IT requirements with stakeholders to define project scope, requirements and deliverables.
15. Lead IT projects with high risk, such as mission-critical projects.
16. Integrate configuration management IT architecture into project plans.
17. Ensure hosting services provided include sufficient processing capacity and storage for multiple domains.
18. Recommend plans to improve program policies, practices and methodologies for an organization.
19. Implement quality assurance processes in compliance with laws, regulations, policies, standards, and technical procedures.
20. Address problems relating to an agency's IT enterprise architecture, such as integrating configuration and interfacing with data storage requirements
21. Provide guidance in the planning, coordination, and development of specifications to meet security requirements.
22. Recommend modifications and solutions for reducing IT security risks to address future IT security challenges
23. Translate management goals and objectives into effective operations in order to establish control systems and progress reporting requirements
24. Prepare policy and procedures that incorporate statutes, regulations and standards to provide support and guidance for agency operations
25. Work with contractor support staff to refine functional requirements and determine best approaches for resolving system integration and application issues