1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education related to the GS-1515-14 Operations Research Analyst position.A. Possess a degree in operations research or a degree that included at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus (You must submit your transcript at time of application).
2. Do you have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service, that included developing and/or applying models and concepts that help illuminate management issues and solve managerial problems, utilizing Management Science?A. Yes (this specialized experience must be reflected on your resume)
3. Do you have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service. that included
developing and applying models and concepts that help illuminate management issues and solve managerial problems, utilizing Management Science?A. Yes (this specialized experience must be reflected in your resume)
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
4. Participate in the analysis of program policies and organizational management operations requiring the application of management operations research techniques.
5. Keep abreast of current trends in operations research analyses.
6. Assist in the analysis of organizational productivity, operational costs, and/or workload measurements.
7. Contribute in model development for research projects.
8. Participate in analytical projects, operations research studies, and business process improvements.
9. Identify current or potential problem areas, trends, and similar factors in program operations and management systems.
10. Develop models for accurate determinations of impact resulting from new or changing requirements, policies, regulations, etc.
11. Implement models for accurate determinations of impact resulting from new or changing requirements, policies, regulations, etc.
12. Participate in presentations for management, in order to relay research findings.
13. Present research information and answer questions with the intended audience.
14. Provide advice and support to management and program officials on general policies and procedures.
15. Prepare reports and/or briefing materials to be presented at conferences or high level meetings.
16. Compile data analysis and study results into a summary report for review.
17. Draft policies, guidelines, instructions, and requirements for an organization or program office.