Social Services Aid
Vacancy ID: 826293 Announcement Number: R3-13-826293-JM USAJOBS Control Number: 335777000Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Are you willing to accept temporary employment not to exceed 12 weeks?A. Yes
2. Choose one answer from the choices below that best describes your education, or education and experience, as it pertains to the minimum qualification requirements for a Social Services Aid at the GS-04 level.A. I possess at least 6 months of general experience and 6 months of specialized experience. General Experience is: (l) Any type of work that demonstrates the applicant's ability to perform the work of the position, or (2) experience that provided a familiarity with the subject matter or processes of the broad subject area of the occupation. Specialized Experience is: experience which is in the same field or a field that is directly related to the line of work of a Social Services Aid and which has equipped the applicant with the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the positions. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: Work as a group leader in community or residential recreation or training programs; a counselor in a youth summer camp; an instructor in a training program for the development of job skills; work that demonstrated the ability to be responsible for and to lead and train members of a job crew; work as a group activities leader in the Armed Services; work as a unit leader-monitor-proctor for a dormitory group in a boarding school or other residential facility; work as an aid or assistant to professional or specialist staff in such fields as personnel (private or government), employment guidance in a vocational or academic institution, social service, or manpower development; work as an aid or assistant to professional or associate staff engaged in work of a social services nature in private, public welfare, government program, or community organizations, or in voluntary activities; work as an aid or assistant to professional or specialist staff working with individuals who are addicted to or abuse alcohol and/or drugs.
I have included evidence of this experience in my resume/written application.
B. I have successfully completed 2 years of study above the high school level that (a) included at least 12 semester hours of subjects directly related to the work of a Social Services Aid, or (b) was supplemented by experience in activities that afforded the opportunity to acquire and demonstrate the skills required by the position. (The supplementary experience may have been gained, for example, in part-time or summer employment, in volunteer social welfare or recreation programs, or in community organizations.) I have or will submit copies of my college transcripts by midnight on the closing date of this announcement.
C. I possess an equivalent combination of successfully completed post- high school education and experience. If education is used to meet specialized experience requirements, then such education must include courses directly related to the work of the position. Determine your total qualifying experience as a percentage of the 1 year of experience required for GS-4; then determine your education as a percentage of the 2 years of education that meets the requirements for GS-4. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for GS-4 based on a combination of education and experience.
D. I do not possess the experience and/or education required in order to qualify for this position.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each statement.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing this task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job, with close supervision from supervisor or senior employee.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job, independently and usually without review by supervisor or senior employee.
E- I have supervised performance of this task and/or I have trained others in performance and/or am normally consulted by others as an expert for assistance in performing this task.
3. Provide education activities to youth, ages 15-18.
4. Make oral presentations to groups of people.
5. Explain ideas or information to others clearly.
6. Provide a verbal report of the status of a project or ongoing work.
7. Establish and maintain good rapport with individuals when providing assistance with ongoing work and/or personal issues.
8. Explain non-technical procedures to a group of 15-18 year olds.
9. Coordinate assignments for a team in order to complete a project.
10. Work with others to establish priorities and develop a work plan.
11. Cooperate with others to complete tasks.
12. Use logic to identify alternatives in order to solve routine problems.
13. Adapt to minor or temporary changes affecting work assignments and adjust work activities appropriately.
14. Use simple hand tools such as garden rakes, shovels, axes, hammers wire brushes, etc. in a safe manner.
15. Provide guidance to others in the safe and efficient use of simple hand tools such as garden rakes, shovels, axes, hammers wire brushes, etc.
16. Maintain reference files of regulations, policies, directives, or other material needed for accomplishing work.
17. Record and maintain information on the progress of projects.
18. Record and maintain records of the accomplishments of others.