Enter/Select the occupational specialty code:
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to this position.A. I have a bachelor's degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience and/or education requirements for this position at the GS-14 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or higher in the Federal service: 1) applying knowledge of the principles, laws, regulations, and policies governing the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program; 2) negotiating with and providing assistance to federal, state, county or tribal agencies on the interpretation, clarification and resolution of a wide range of complex and sensitive issues regarding the TANF program; and 3) providing technical guidance on TANF policies and implementation to stakeholders.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Assure uniform interpretation and application of agency and other related program and financial management policies and procedures.
4. Provide guidance and direction on technical assistance initiatives, and oversight of fiscal and administrative matters with respect to the TANF program.
5. Manage an ongoing program of internal review and program oversight through monitoring, evaluation and technical assistance to assess effectiveness of program process, compliance with applicable regulations, requirements and policy intent regarding the TANF program.
6. Serve as a recognized expert, project manager and senior advisor to management on TANF and related social service programs.
7. Develop long-range strategies and work plans to carry out legislative initiatives and national goals and priorities aimed at improving effectiveness of TANF and other assigned programs.
8. Review, analyze and make recommendations relative to the TANF program's operation and improvement.
9. Identify TANF program policy implications and changes that may be necessary and recommend approval/disapproval.
10. Ensure the quantity and quality of work of subordinate staff by scheduling work and set priorities.
11. Manage, oversee and coordinate the work efforts of staff to fulfill program requirements and accomplish agency goals and priorities.
12. Monitor and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff in carrying out program responsibilities.
13. Present program information at conferences and meetings and actively participate in consultations and work groups.
14. Negotiate with and provide assistance to government agencies and other groups on the interpretation, clarification and resolution of a wide range of complex and sensitive issues regarding the TANF program.
15. Develop linkages and partnerships with key officials of public and private sector agencies, organizations, and grantees.
16. Develop timely and coordinated responses to requests from government agencies and other stakeholders.
17. Prepare written materials for oral and written presentation.
18. Identify factors impeding the timely accomplishment of objectives and provide written recommendations for resolution of problems.