Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Policy Analyst, GS-301-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, developing policies, procedures and guidance for the regulation of tobacco products and or policy analysis on tobacco and smoking regulations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Develop policies and programs in support of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act which affect tobacco products, distribution, marketing and sales.
3. Develop and maintain communications, policies, and programs with regard to policy research, development and implementation.
4. Serve as an expert Policy Analyst.
5. Drafts and review documents embodying policy and program proposals and decisions.
6. Analyze and evaluate the implementation of new policies that impact the mission of an organization.
7. Advise on a wide range of policy documents.
8. Research, analyze, and prepare briefing papers for high-level managers on various tobacco control policy issues.
9. Prepare replies to correspondence from the regulated community and other interested persons.
10. Develop written statements on policy analysis.
11. Review, summarize, and draft responses to public comments received on proposed policies.
12. Make presentations at conferences and professional meetings.
13. Provide guidance and/or training to policy specialists and other professionals.