Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Supervisory Accountant
Enter the lowest grade level (15-15) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please indicate how you meet the Basic Requirement for a Supervisory Accountant position at the GS-15 level. The information you provide in your responses will be verified against the information stated in your resume and supporting documentation. FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING. Please only select one response. Transcripts must be provided with your application package to verify your educational claim and/or proof of certificate.A. I possess a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in accounting, or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
2. From the descriptions below select the one response that best describes how your experience meets the specialized experience requirements for the Supervisory Accountant, GS-501-15 position. You must show that you meet the specialized experience described below. Read all responses before making your selection. Mark only 1 response. If you leave the question blank, you will be rated ineligible.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal Service administering an organization's accounting program and most if not all of the accounting systems servicing the organization; conducting difficult assignments involving interfaces and inter-relationships between and among programs, systems, functions, policies, and various issues; coordinating the resolution of accounting system problems arising from factors such as changes in legislation; develop policies with respect to financing program operations, determining accounting system adequacy, and qualifying cooperating business and other aspects of the program; and as the agency's technical accounting authority, develop justification for agency financial/accounting policies.
INSTRUCTIONS: In this part, you will respond to questions about supervisory/leadership experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience.A- I have performed this task as a supervisor or director of a work unit/group/division.
3. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinate employees.
4. Sets and adjusts short-term priorities.
5. Assigns work based on priorities, consideration of the difficulty and requirement of assignments, and capabilities of employees.
6. Identifies ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work performed.
7. Develops performance goals standards.
8. Evaluates and coaches work performance of subordinate employees.
9. Gives advice or instruction to subordinate employees on work-related and administrative matters
10. Recommends appointment, promotion, and reassignment of employees.
11. Enforces minor disciplinary measures such as warnings and reprimands.
12. Identifies developmental and training needs of subordinate employees.
13. Analyzes and defends changes in goals, funding, staffing levels and organizational priorities.
14. Reviews and approves the substance of reports, correspondence, operational guidelines and other documents prepared by subordinate staff.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
15. Supervise the compilation, review and approval of financial conference requests annually.
16. Refine existing policies and practices to address changing government-wide accounting requirements.
17. Perform extensive analysis and review in a variety of complex Treasury reporting requirements for Congressional reporting.
18. Provide managerial direction to professional accounting and supporting personnel engaged in complex accounting principles and concepts.
19. Oversee the review of proposed accounting financial policy to assure policies are kept current with statutory and recurring financial reporting.
20. Research and respond to questions involving complicated and precedent setting accounting policies and procedures.
21. Manage the preparation of externally of externally mandated reports of an accounting and statistical nature for transmittal to federal agencies and committees.
22. Formulate and develop Department accounting management policy and procedurals accounting directives and regulations.
23. Perform extensive outreach to other Executive level agencies as well as vetting within various Departmental components.
24. Direct the performance of research on fiscal matters and the preparation of decisions and requests for senior level decisions.
25. Oversee the development of communications related to financial management policies, to ensure policies can be properly leveraged and relied upon.
26. Direct analysis of information requirements relative to the system deign supporting the budget formulation and execution calls.
27. Evaluate and determine accounting data requirements for agency-wide programs.
28. Develop authoritative directives got validation of accounting data, used for multiple departmental accounting reports.
29. Formulate, evaluate and implement policies, procedures and protocols related to financial operations and execution.
30. Advise managers and executives on conference financial and budge matters.
31. Design and develop spreadsheet formats and programs for analyzing conference related financial information.
32. Prepare documents to identify finding and develop written recommendations for change.
33. Ensure that appropriate accounting financial internal controls are followed when approving/denying requests for conference facilities/expenditure, recording and reporting.
This section includes questions related to the verification of your responses and the acknowledgement of your understanding of the selection process. Please respond to the following questions.
34. Your ratings in this questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency, if selected. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from consideration.