1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. If you select A or B, please submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.
Your response to the question below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Supervisory Agricultural Economist position. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. Choose one answer that best describes your education, experience, or combination of education and experience for the GS-15 level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Plan and direct a program of complex agricultural economic research and analysis.
4. Manage complex research projects involving selecting appropriate and current research methodologies.
5. Develop research methodologies to analyze and evaluate complicated economic problems.
6. Analyze the consequences of food safety and agricultural policy on diet and health.
7. Identify emerging policy issues relevant to food, safety, and diet.
8. Provide technical advice and guidance on policy decisions related to food safety and diet.
9. Analyze and evaluate food safety, diet, and health economics issues.
10. Provide advice and input regarding the formulation of policies that may impact consumers and food markets.
11. Prepare and present briefing materials to colleagues and academic audiences on economic concepts and research results.
12. Evaluate and interpret technical research information and disseminate results to non-technical audiences.
13. Serve as agency or organizational representative at high-level meetings to discuss economic concepts and research results.
14. Select appropriate methods for dissemination of research results to key client groups.
15. Develop economic reports, electronic data products, and speeches to disseminate economic research findings and analyses.
16. Write and edit technical materials for publication, including working papers, professional journals, or magazines.
17. Coordinate the preparation of briefing materials and position papers for domestic and international meetings.
18. Provide economic advice and counsel to U.S. government agencies, taskforces, and committees.
19. Participate in domestic and international conferences and workshops to discuss and resolve economic issues and problems.
20. Establish and maintain relationships with state research programs and land grant universities to ensure the application of economic research.
21. Develop work plans, including the development and justification of budgets, for a major operating program.
22. Manage resources required to undertake and complete a complex economic program of research and analysis.
23. Oversee contracts and agreements to support organizational goals.
24. Review and evaluate research work and provide technical guidance to a complex economic program of research and analysis.
25. Evaluate staff performance and manage staff to develop annual individual work plans.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
26. If you fail to respond to this item, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.