If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service?
For information on who is required to register for the Selective Service, please visit The Who Must Register Page
Thank you for your interest in the International Health Specialist (GS-601-14) position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Do you possess a degree in a major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position?A. Yes
2. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for a International Health Specialist, GS-0601-14 position as described in the Qualifications section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I possess at least one year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in Federal Government obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following tasks: developing and implementing changes to improve a biomedical research organization's research structure, organization, and staff; coordinating the development and internal review of research solicitations; administering a portfolio of investigator-initiated research grants, cooperative agreements and/or contracts; ensuring effective communication and information exchanges with staff at research institutions and/or clinical trial sites; writing and editing memoranda, correspondence, and other documents of a biomedical research nature.
3. Do you speak fluent Mandarin Chinese?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your non-competitive eligibility or priority consideration. If you want non-competitive or priority consideration, you must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated.
1. Schedule A (Individuals with Disabilities) - I am an individual who has a permanent, severe physical, psychiatric, or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and wish to be considered non-competitively.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit Proof of Disability. If you are selected, you will be asked to provide a Certificate of Job Readiness. You can obtain this documentation from a licensed medical professional; licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (State or private); or any Federal agency, State agency, agency of the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits.
For more information on this hiring flexibility, please visit the USAJobs Individuals with Disabilities PageA. Yes
2. Commissioned Corps Member– I am currently an officer enlisted in the PHS Commissioned Corps. I am interested in staying in the Corps if selected. NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you will NOT be referred on the competitive Delegated Examining certificate of eligibles, as selection from that list would require you to resign or retire from the Corps. For more information on the Commissioned Corps, please visit the U.S. Public Health Service Commission Corps Website.
3. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.A. Yes
For the following questions, please indicate YES or NO to best describe your experience.
1. Have you served as an organization's representative at global health-related national and international conferences?A. Yes
2. Have you served as the point of contact for programs involving international biomedical health activities?A. Yes
3. Have you represented an organization in establishing partnerships or working agreements for conducting global health and international activities?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Collaborate with scientists to establish and conduct internationally-based health research programs.
5. Establish working relationships with representatives of external organizations at the international level.
6. Develop bilateral and multilateral cooperative research agreements.
7. Organize inter-organizational workshops, meetings, scientific working groups or committees.
8. Prepare position papers on scientific research policies or scientific research trends.
9. Prepare written analyses of complex research subjects that included justifications for proposed actions.
10. Review policy documents or position papers on bilateral international activities.
11. Write analytical reports, position papers or policy recommendations based on scientific research, research policies and global health trends.
12. Formulate international agreements to establish internationally-based health research programs.
13. Analyze policies, legislation, and programmatic issues as they relate to biomedical research.
14. Develop strategic plans and priorities for biomedical research programs.
15. Analyze emerging approaches that can affect health care at remote sites
16. Develop policies regarding biomedical or health-related research programs.
17. Establish criteria and standards for others to follow in planning, reviewing, and evaluating research projects.
18. Evaluate data from biomedical research programs to identify new opportunities for collaborative research.
19. Provide advice and oversight on biomedical research programs supported by U.S. and foreign institutions.
20. Monitor administrative/infrastructure activities for scientific and/or research programs.
21. Evaluate the effectiveness of organizational global health and international activities.
22. Present briefings that include detailed analyses and recommendations for action to high level officials.
23. Provide advice on the development of policies/regulations concerning international scientific activities in relation to global health.
24. Present recommendations or proposals relating to trends in global health research programs.
25. Provide advice and guidance concerning constraints and opportunities for global health and international research.
26. Implement international agreements to conduct internationally-based health research programs.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
27. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.