1. Select one statement below that best describes your education and experience to qualify for this position.A. I have successfully completed a four year course of study leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. (Note: The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming).
2. From the responses below please select the response that qualifies you for the GS-11.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service, that included: analyzing and applying regulations related to information disclosure in order to respond to incoming requests; assisting in conducting legal and associated record searches to draft information disclosure determinations; and reviewing information disclosure policies for compliance with changes in regulations.
3. Do you have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service, that included: developing technical correspondence relating to information disclosure regulations and determinations; conducting legal and associated record searches to make information disclosure determinations; and providing guidance on information disclosure regulations and recommending solutions to information disclosure issues?A. Yes
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
4. Participate in developing regulations, policies and/or procedures to address emerging issues related to information disclosure activities.
5. Conduct legal research to establish the legal basis for proposed revisions to existing regulations and policies.
6. Provide guidance to senior staff involved in handling responses to requests for information and/or other disclosure activities.
7. Perform a legal review of documents to determine if information is exempt from disclosure under applicable statues and regulations.
8. Assist other staff identify discovery privileges in documents produced for litigation.
9. Provide assistance to legal counsel in preparing a rationale for withholding information.
10. Interpret regulations and/or policies to propose new methods or policies in information disclosure procedures.
11. Draft recommendations for denials of requested information exempt from disclosure that include legal justification.
12. Draft recommendations that are legally supportable to address emerging information disclosure issues.
13. Respond to written requests for disclosure of information.
14. Consult with a variety of staff members (i.e. senior staff, legal counsel, etc.) to obtain their suggestions for regulation and /or policy development.
15. Collaborate with a team of high level officials and/or legal counsel on resolving sensitive issues regarding information disclosure.
16. Explain information disclosure policies and/or regulations to the general public.