Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (13) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes how you qualify for the Procurement and Resource Specialist at the grade GS-13 level. Select only one letter.A. I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to a GS-12. Specialized experience is experience which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to this position. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Examples of specialized experience include: negotiates, award, and administers multi-year, multi-billion dollar contracts; provides advice, guidance and assistance to the project office and the field; participates in pre-award and post award conferences; resolves acquisition problems; develops acquisition policies and procedures; plans, manages, and make decisions and recommendations. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been at least equivalent to GS-12 grade level in Federal Service.
For the following statements, choose the one answer that best describes your education and experience in relation to that statement.A- I have not had experience, education, or training in performing this task.
2. Establish acquisition strategies, and recommend contracting approaches.
3. Ensure that contractual actions are in the best interest of the government.
4. Recommend a course of actions with regard to pre and post award processes.
5. Provide technical advice to management and contracting officers at an activity procuring a wide variety of items
6. Explore new or innovative contracting approaches to arrive at an equitable contract arrangement.
7. Assure compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures in the preparation of acquisition data.
8. Reviews requests for the procurement of complex equipment, services, and/or construction.
9. Assists contract administration offices in the administration of contracts, including performance of termination actions, until final delivery.
10. Analyzes proposals for conformance with the solicitation.
11. Serves as contracting representative in systematic reviews to assure that Government needs are met and validated and that economy of supply operations is maintained or improved.
12. Prepare initial schedule for submission of contractual requirements in accordance with program milestones.
13. Advise program officials of the acquisition strategies and procurement objectives to be used in the procurement process.
14. Conduct negotiations for procurements to persuade suppliers to convert portions of their production capacity meet product requirements.
15. Explain contracting programs, policies, and procedures to groups or individuals at meetings, conferences, or in-house visitations.
16. Explain and defend decisions to higher level officials and acquisition personnel or contractors.
17. I certify that my responses to this questionnaire and the resume and documents provided in my application are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. NOTE: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.A. Yes