Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes how you qualify for the Procurement and Resource Specialist at the grade GS-13 level. Select only one letter.A. I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to a GS-12. Specialized experience is experience which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to this position. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Examples of specialized experience include: negotiates, award, and administers multi-year, multi-billion dollar contracts; provides advice, guidance and assistance to the project office and the field; participates in pre-award and post award conferences; resolves acquisition problems; develops acquisition policies and procedures; plans, manages, and make decisions and recommendations. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been at least equivalent to GS-12 grade level in Federal Service.
For the following statements, choose the one answer that best describes your education and experience in relation to that statement.A- I have not had experience, education, or training in performing this task.
2. Establish acquisition strategies, and recommend contracting approaches.
3. Ensure that contractual actions are in the best interest of the government.
4. Recommend a course of actions with regard to pre and post award processes.
5. Provide technical advice to management and contracting officers at an activity procuring a wide variety of items
6. Explore new or innovative contracting approaches to arrive at an equitable contract arrangement.
7. Assure compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures in the preparation of acquisition data.
8. Reviews requests for the procurement of complex equipment, services, and/or construction.
9. Assists contract administration offices in the administration of contracts, including performance of termination actions, until final delivery.
10. Analyzes proposals for conformance with the solicitation.
11. Serves as contracting representative in systematic reviews to assure that Government needs are met and validated and that economy of supply operations is maintained or improved.
12. Prepare initial schedule for submission of contractual requirements in accordance with program milestones.
13. Advise program officials of the acquisition strategies and procurement objectives to be used in the procurement process.
14. Conduct negotiations for procurements to persuade suppliers to convert portions of their production capacity meet product requirements.
15. Explain contracting programs, policies, and procedures to groups or individuals at meetings, conferences, or in-house visitations.
16. Explain and defend decisions to higher level officials and acquisition personnel or contractors.
17. I certify that my responses to this questionnaire and the resume and documents provided in my application are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. NOTE: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.A. Yes