Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Interdisciplinary Scientist
Enter the lowest grade level (12-13) you will accept.
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
The following questions are designed to measure your education and experience in relation to the basic qualifications for this position. All applicants must supply transcripts or other supporting documentation that demonstrates how the meet the educational requirements for the series for which they are applying. Failure to do so will result in your disqualification.
1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic requirement for a Biologist.
2. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic requirement for a Health Scientist.A. I possess a Bachelor's or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
3. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the basic requirement for a Chemist.A. I possess a Bachelor's or higher degree in the physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics.
4. Please select the response below that best indicates your experience in relation to the minimum qualifications for this GS-12 position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service, analyzing scientific data submitted by other scientists/researchers to provide feedback or advice on methods/procedures utilized; conducting research or briefings on the classification and scientific review of medical device products or other scientific systems/designs; modifying existing guidelines and protocols for scientific testing of medical device products or other scientific systems and designs; and providing information to researchers or scientists on guidelines, scientific, or regulatory requirements related to research on scientific products.
5. Please select the response below that best indicates your experience in relation to the minimum qualifications for this GS-13 position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, reviewing technical or complex data (e.g. related to multi-step processes, combination products, etc.) for scientific/research projects related to the accuracy, safety, or efficacy of a medical device or scientific system/process; providing advice and assistance to scientists in developing scientific and technical policies; reviewing research protocols to evaluate medical device products, scientific projects, or research assignments; and recommending solutions to scientific complaints, research discrepancies, and/or product problems.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Conduct research (i.e. regarding scientific/manufacturing protocols and/or validation testing) to determine whether scientific data submitted is sufficient to substantiate claims
7. Evaluate scientific and technical data to determine the efficacy and safety of a medical device or scientific system
8. Review scientific data submitted in support of a research project or study to determine its accuracy and completeness
9. Review research protocols to evaluate medical device or other scientific/technical products
10. Conduct analyses/tests (i.e. scientific performance standards, biological, and/or validation) of medical devices or other scientific/technical products to determine their safety, reliability, or efficacy
11. Recommend ways for testing or evaluating the accuracy, precision, and/or reliability of proposed new scientific methods
12. Recommend acceptance or rejection of technical data based on a review of its accuracy, precision, and reliability
13. Recommend methods for performing data analysis or testing of scientific/technical products or designs
14. Draft replies stating concerns or findings based on scientific/technical reviews of medical devices or scientific systems/designs
15. Write recommendation reports, abstracts, or research reports regarding the acceptance or technical deficiencies of a scientific/technical product, submission, design concept, or study plan
16. Write guidelines, summaries, or scientific risk management plans concerning data required for novel compounds and/or scientific designs
17. Deliver scientific presentations at professional conferences, national meetings, or peer/academic meetings
18. Collaborate with scientists from other organizations to exchange information, develop methods, or resolve common problems
19. Provide technical advice and guidance to industry scientists or researchers on the methods or standards used in the review and testing of medical devices or scientific systems
Top of Form
Bottom of Form