Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however, a valid number is required in order to process your application.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position.
Select at least one occupational specialty code. The specialty code(s) for this position are 001 and/or 002. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select both codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Competitive Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service). You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. SF-50 or veterans documentation).
002 - Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for noncompetitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for positions at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted positions covered under an Interchange Agreement, and other special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes current/former Federal employees who previously held, or currently hold, a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level for this position. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for a noncompetitive or special hiring authority.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your experience and/or education to perform the duties of Administrative Support Specialist, GS-301-5.A. I have successfully completed at least a four year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, or 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your experience and/or education to perform the duties of Administrative Support Specialist, GS-301-7.A. I have a bachelor's degree and meet one of the following three provisions for Superior Academic Achievement (SAA): 1) A standing in the upper third of your college class or major subdivision (e.g. school of business) at the time you apply. 2) A grade point average of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent for all courses completed; (a) at the time of application; or (b) during the last two years of your undergraduate curriculum. A "B+" (3.5. on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent for all courses completed in a qualifying major field of study, either :(a) at the time of application; or (b) during the last 2 years of your undergraduate curriculum. 3). Election to membership in one of the national honorary societies (other than freshman societies) that meets the requirements of the Association of College of Honor Societies. Grade point averages should be rounded to one decimal point. For example, 2.95 is rounded to 3.0, and 2.94 is rounded to 2.9. NOTE: If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) was taken on a pass/fail or similar basis, your claim must be based on class standing or membership in an honor society. For more specific details on SAA, click the following link: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/SEC-II/s2-e5.asp#e4f.
Ability to perform a variety of administrative and program management tasks (i.e. drafting correspondence; compiling information and materials for meetings/conferences; utilizing various software applications; establishing and maintaining files, etc.).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Oversee the administrative and program management functions of an office, such as telephone and equipment installation and repair, reviewing and distributing electronic messages, and tracking actions and suspense items.
4. Arrange meetings and conferences for management with other officials and staff.
5. Coordinate travel schedules, arrangements, justifications, and authorizations for an office staff.
6. Establish and maintain filing systems within an office.
Ability to use computer hardware, associated equipment and software (e.g., word processing, electronic communications, spreadsheet, database)
7. Maintain databases and automated records for an office.
8. Update and maintain electronic budget and financial records.
9. Assist in preparing presentations using computer software programs.
10. Track action and suspense items.
Skill in oral communication
11. Receive and screen incoming telephone calls and visitors.
12. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external staff in order to coordinate work activities.
Skill in written communication
13. Research, compile and review materials in order to develop written documents and reports.
14. Prepare or draft correspondence on routine inquiries and administrative issues.
15. Proofread and edit material prepared by others to ensure accuracy, clarity and completeness.
Certification of Accuracy
Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
16. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.