Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience and/or education?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-4 grade level reviewing applications for accuracy, validity, and proper form and format; using various computer software programs to produce office support materials; and/or setting up and maintaining subject matter files, technical instructions, and/or operating procedures.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
3. Can you type 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute sample with 3 or fewer errors?A. Yes
4. Do you possess knowledge of general office automation software, practices, and procedures?A. Yes
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
5. Types in final form formal orders, i.e., denials, letters of intent to deny or revoke, revocations, motions to reopen or reconsider and withdrawals.
6. Makes copies and performs other miscellaneous clerical duties as needed.
7. Performs general mail handling and distribution including sorting, opening, date stamping, classifying, processing, and routing mail, applications and petitions.
8. Performs complex office automation duties requiring different approaches and methods from assignment to assignment
9. Prepares case files/records and related documents to be routed to other offices.
10. Searches for missing files/records and places loose documents into appropriate case files.
11. Creates temporary folders or consolidates folders.
12. Verifies that information on forms is accurate and complete and makes corrections to resolve discrepancies.
13. Prepares, maintains and submits statistical and required reports to supervisor.
14. Prepares, assembles and reviews application/petition packets ensuring completeness and readiness.
15. Conducts sensitive file reviews and assists in pursuit of information from and review of files.
16. Performs word processing functions (e.g., preparing correspondence, etc.) using a personal computer and associated software.
17. Receives incoming files and case information into appropriate computer database systems.
18. Use computer record systems for searching, creating and updating information.
19. Maintains knowledge of regulatory and policy changes that pertain to computer systems.
20. Displays courtesy and tact when interacting with co-workers, peers and with the public.
21. Notifies supervisor of any difficult or unusual situations.
22. Answers and transfers phone calls according to office procedures.
23. Responds to routine inquiries of office procedures and forms required.
24. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.