1. Are you submitting Form BIA -4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must upload a copy of your Form BIA -4432, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and you are submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50 -B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must upload a copy of your most recent SF 50 -B to verify status, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD -214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veterans Preference? Note: You must upload your supporting documentation; otherwise credit will not be given. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.aspA. Yes
4. Do you possess a valid state drivers license which you have held for at least two years preceding this application?A. Yes
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co -workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
6. In addition to meeting experience or education requirements, applicants for this position must show possession of Office Automation skills and must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute. Applicants must meet these requirements by passing the appropriate performance test, presenting a certificate of proficiency from a school or other organization authorized to issue certificates by the Office of Personnel Management, or by self-certifying their proficiency.
Falsification of this statement may be used as grounds for not employing you, or for dismissal.
Minimum specialized experience requirement for the Administrative Support Assistant (OA) position. For more information go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp
7. Please choose from response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualification for the Administrative Support Assistant (OA), GS-07 position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-06 grade level providing assistance for program planning, program support and follow-through to completion a variety of administrative and/or program support responsibilities necessary for management and control of programs and activities. This includes, but is not limited to: prepared requisitions; maintained automated system of program-specific data; scheduled day-to-day office plans and staff schedules; assisted in correspondence control; gathered financial data for review and comparison; made travel arrangements and prepared travel authorizations and vouchers; maintained time and attendance reports; and finalized documents using software applications as electronic mail, desktop publishing, calendar, spreadsheet, database and graphics.
KSA: Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of personal computers and function keys to perform several basic office automation functions such as storing and retrieving electronic documents, activating a printer, inserting and deleting text, printing standardized paragraphs from a glossary producing forms and form letters, entering data into a predefined spreadsheet or database, and transmitting and receiving electronic mail. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
8. Responsible for maintenance and quality control of personal and professional files and correspondence.
9. Review administrative program guidance, policies and procedures to determine effect on Academics.
10. Ability to manage the purchasing processes for the Academic Program.
11. Perform work involving collection, compilation and/or tracking of data and statistical information in support of the office.
12. Use a computer to store, retrieve, manipulate, transfer, compute and print information.
13. Prepare documents using Microsoft Office programs to create, format, modify, and print documents electronically.
14. Create a database to organize and store electronic information into general categories or files.
15. Sent information (attachments and links) through an electronic mail system to designated distribution lists and recipients.
16. Assist on budgetary procedures and plans.
KSA: Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your ability to set well -defined and realistic personal goals; monitor progress; manage own time; organize and maintain information or information management systems effectively. Select only one letter for each task.
17. Maintain security or confidentiality of records, equipment, or computer access.
18. Make copies, collated, and assembled material.
19. Create and maintained a computerized record system.
20. Process incoming forms, records, or other documents.
21. Establish and maintained paper filing or record system.
22. Ensure that paper files were current and complete.
23. Search for files, documents or other sources for information.
24. Maintain the scheduling and coordination of all operational schedules and calendar of the Academic program.
KSA: Knowledge of, and skill in the exercise of, practices required for successful accomplishment of a business, job, or task.
25. Format letters or other documents (for example, setting margins or line spacing).
26. Verify accuracy and completeness of information on paper or computer documents or records.
27. Proofread letters or other documents for spelling, typographical errors or grammatical errors.
28. Review content of letters or other documents for completeness, correctness or consistency.
29. Review letters or documents to determine if they conformed with policies or regulations.
KSA: Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Select only one letter for each task.
30. Obtain support from superiors before taking critical action.
31. Project a professional attitude and appearance.
32. Answer telephones and refer caller to appropriate staff.
33. Screen calls and decides to whom the caller should be referred.
34. Respond orally to inquiries or requests for information.
35. Respond to requests or complaints.
36. Follow-up on requests or complaints.
37. Contact others orally to obtain information.
38. Greet visitors and direct to appropriate staff.
KSA: Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of interpersonal skills. Select only one letter for each task.
39. Notify individuals or offices of decisions, problems, or further actions needed.
40. Contact others orally to obtain information.
41. Inform supervisor or other officials of issues or problems.
42. Develop and maintain effective relationships with others to complete daily tasks.
43. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. For each task listed below, choose the letter that best describes your answer.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.