1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Clerk (OA) at the GS-05 level.
2. Can you type a minimum of 40 words per minute?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
3. Composed non-technical correspondence such as letter, notes and instructions necessary for ongoing operation of an office.
4. Performs work related to the management of correspondence entering and/ or leaving the organization.
5. Prepares correspondence, reports, non-technical documents and other office support materials.
6. Applied administrative procedures such as grammar, spelling, syntax, and other required formats sufficient to produce correspondence, reports and briefings in an office setting.
7. Reviews outgoing correspondence prepared for the signature of the Unit Chief for procedural and grammatical accuracy, proper format, attachments, dates, signatures, complete addresses and destinations.
8. Reads and keeps apprised of organizational and Agency-wide directives and procedures to remain aware of changes and new requirements affecting the work of the organization.
9. Communicated in informal conversations with supervisors, peers, and others.
10. Receives callers or visitors, determines purpose of the visit, and directs individuals to the appropriate staff member.
11. Interacts with members of the staff, organization, and individuals outside of the agency ranging from other government agencies to the general public.
12. Selected appropriate guidelines, maintained an awareness of changing regulation and guides, and ensured the use of the most current guidance.
13. Reads and keeps apprised of organizational and Agency-wide directives and procedures to remain aware of changes and new requirements affecting the work of the organization.
14. Maintains office files and records in accordance with established systems and specific office needs.
15. Used office automation software to provide general clerical office support.
16. Performs office automation work requiring the use of software applications and computer equipment.
17. Prepares correspondence, reports and non-technical documents, graphs/charts, forms and other office support materials.
18. Applied knowledge of office management practices to coordinating administrative support processes for an organization.
19. Maintains a calendar for the supervisor.
20. Schedules appointments, meetings and conferences.
21. Performed clerical office support duties.
22. Coordinates administrative and clerical work with office staff.
23. Performs a variety of tasks in support of the general clerical and administrative work of an organization.
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the level of formal PERFORMANCE RECOGNITION you have most recently received.
24. Have you received a performance appraisal in one or more of the competencies described for the position?
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the AWARDS you have received within the last year.
25. Have you received any awards related to one or more of the competencies described for the position?
26. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.