Enter your Full Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however, we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 828362
Asset Management Technician
Enter the lowest grade level (09-10) you will accept.
The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among qualified candidates to be referred for potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
SERVICE COMPUTATION DATE (SCD)The date, either actual or constructed by crediting service, used to determine benefits that are based on how long the person has been in the Federal Service. For an employee with no prior creditable civilian or military service, the service computation date is the effective date of the employee's first Federal civilian appointment
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
Job related experience is defined as experience that is directly related to this line of work.
The following questions will address your minimum qualifications for the position. Read the questions and consider your answer carefully. Choose only one answer, Yes or No.A- Yes.
1. Do you posses one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level (GS-8), which is directly related to this line of work?
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
GS-09: Examples of such experience includes familiarity with diverse fields related to IT discovery systems, concepts of lifecycle management as they pertain to software and hardware assets and report generation tools.
2. Do you posses one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level (GS-09), which is directly related to this line of work?
GS-10: In addition of the experience at the GS-08 level, experience leading projects that helps maintain a successful asset and licensing compliance system.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the mission, structure, products, personnel and procedures of the International Broadcasting Bureau and the Voice of America.
4. Demonstrated, hands-on knowledge of the processes and procedures for complex, database-driven asset and licensing discovery and compliance systems.
5. Demonstrated skill in analyzing, prioritizing, scheduling, tracking and reviewing component tasks required to implement technology tracking systems across a broad communication organization.
6. Demonstrated ability to use sophisticated, electronic data processing systems as integral parts of material control, record and data communications systems, including monitoring the quality of input and output of automated inventory management systems and recommending system and programming changes to improve timeliness, accuracy and utility of inventory information for users.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of well established and commonly applied principles, concepts and methodologies associated with inventory management and lifecycle or of supply program operations, when such work requires the application of some judgments and analysis to provide services or resolve problems.