Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for IT Project Manager, GS-2210-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, to include in-depth experience: (1) modeling and simulation technology; (2) performance management and metrics; (3) statistical analysis, trend analysis and identification; (4) text mining; and (5) business analytics and other related software such as Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle, Microsoft Business Intelligence Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, and data modeling software; AND I have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Plan and manage the delivery of business intelligence applications and related data warehouse technical solutions through all phases of the business intelligence and data warehouse (BI/DW) application life cycle.
3. Create and implement standards, processes and procedures related to infrastructure setup, platform administration, security, clustering, upgrade management, monitoring, capacity planning, failover, and disaster recovery, etc.
4. Support and maintain the environments of products within the business intelligence/analytics product suite, including installation, patching and troubleshooting to ensure operational and performance reliability.
5. Identify and solve process challenges through simulation of scenarios, analysis of performance metrics and advanced optimization techniques.
6. Conduct audits in the system to ensure credibility and accuracy of data for reporting purposes.
7. Provide technical assessment of current Extract, Transform, an Load (ETL) design and related process maps.
8. Oversee the activities of team members responsible of logical data modeling, data integration/ETL development, BI architecture and administration, and the development and support of BI metadata and reporting.
9. Coordinate and manage projects with critical mission requirements.
10. Apply technical policies to standards, protocols and other project management techniques to implement systems.
11. Review project deliverables; proactively identify project risks; and escalate and/or resolve project issues.
12. Determine new and innovative approaches to solve technical problems.
13. Plan and coordinate to efficiently utilize resources and effectively manage the distribution of work assignments.
14. Specify, develop, evaluate, and implement predictive models using advanced statistical and mathematical techniques.
15. Work with research and analytics senior management to carry out statistical data analysis, design, develop and test metrics, and present results.
16. Build, test, and implement statistical models by investigating appropriate methods and algorithms.
17. Develop new analytical products and conduct custom ad-hoc studies.
18. Convert raw data into composite metrics, overall scoring and supporting reports.
19. Use interactive data analysis tools and its underlying data files and structure to conduct analyses and/or develop reports at detailed level.
20. Summarize analytic information and prepare executive level presentations demonstrating considerable creativity in identification of opportunities.
21. Provide insightful analysis to solve key business problems using advanced statistics and data mining techniques, derive appropriate action recommendation and work in partnership with the business to ensure implementation.
22. Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
23. Evaluate the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, efficiency, and accuracy.
24. Promote coordination and effectiveness by facilitating discussions and exchange of opinions among staff with diverse viewpoints and conflicting interests.
25. Develop and present reports, analyses, guidelines, procedures, and presentations for senior management and all-hands meetings.
26. Provide advice and consultation on strategic use of information technology to improve management effectiveness related to CIO/CDC activities to technical and supervisory staff.
27. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.