Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 828729
PROGRAM SUPPORT ASSISTANT (OA), GS-0303-5/6/7
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (05-07) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go the the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
5. For all positions titled as Office Automation or any clerical positions which has parenthetical title of Office Automation (OA), applicants must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute (wpm) and knowledge of general office automation software such as, word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
To be eligible for (OA) positions, you must be able to: type 40 words per minute; possess knowledge of general office automation software, such as word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
NOTE: A falsification of this certification may be used as grounds for not employing you, or for dismissal.
DO YOU HEREBY CERTIFY THAT YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THIS SELF-CERTIFICATION STATEMENT?
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-5 Program Support Assistant (OA). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-6 Program Support Assistant (OA). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
8. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Program Support Assistant (OA). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
9. Prepare a variety of reports, forms, and correspondence, both routine and technical in nature, into final form from rough draft, written and verbal instructions.
10. Review documents for consistency with administrative policies and procedures.
11. Develop and implement an information flow system for branch, handling incoming mail and faxes.
12. Make logistical arrangements and preparations for conferences or meetings.
13. Maintain calendar and schedule appointments for the employees of the branches.
14. Serve as timekeeper for the Division.
15. Operate standard office equipment (for example, telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier, and calculator).
16. Use a computer or word processor to create, edit, print, retrieve, and manipulate files.
17. Monitor office equipment to make sure they run properly.
18. Schedule maintenance of computer, fax and copier equipment.
19. Keep up with new features in office equipment and technology.
20. Assist employees on use of various computer systems and office equipment.
21. Prepare travel authorizations using prescribed formulas, schedules and procedures.
22. Fill out vouchers or other financial documents.
23. Prepare and review acquisition requests for supplies, equipment, publications, forms, services and tracking of purchases.
24. Process and record financial transactions or numerical information.
25. Monitor expenditures and cash flow.
26. Compile financial data for reports.
27. Serve as the Division's Records Management Contact.
28. Develop and maintain paper filing or record systems.
29. Create and maintain electronic record systems.
30. Secure confidential files where and when necessary.
31. Ensure files are current and complete.
32. Archive records using proper office procedures.
33. Provide technical and routine guidance to staff on processing correspondence, filing, mail, travel, timekeeping and all other aspects of clerical support services.
34. Provide advice to managers on program related issues and concerns and to assure adherence to instructions and program plans and resolving operational problems.
35. Receive telephone calls, determine the nature of business and either personally handle or refer to appropriate staff.
36. Greet and direct visitors to appropriate staff.
37. Respond to or make inquiries on own initiative and follow up to ensure completion of requested information.
38. Maintains timber sale administration files in a current state.
39. Encodes timber sale documents into the TAAMS database; generates forestry related Reports of Timber Cut, Scale Reports, Statements of Completion, and invoices in TAAMS.
40. Checks the BIA Lockbox regularly to ensure all payments are accounted for and applied to the proper accounts.
41. Communicates regularly with Reservation Foresters and assists them with obtaining permissions to harvest allotted timber; maintains and tracks the ownership status and percentages of approvals.
42. Coordinates with Agency staff to ensure correct Title prior to proposed timber sale activities beginning.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
43. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.