Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 825340
Property Management Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (11-11) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
1. Applicants must have either specialized experience and/or education in the amounts shown below to be considered for this position. From the descriptions below, choose the letter that best describes the highest level of experience and/or education you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-11, Property Management Specialist work. (Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour workweek. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience).A. I have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service which involved monitoring property records to ensure that accountable property is controlled and accounted for; coordinating annual property inventory; making appropriate adjustments to ensure accurate accountability of property; determining legal ramifications and financial aspects of seizure cases; managing the proper storing and maintaining seized assets; and coordinating actions and provide advice to internal and external contacts.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide assistance on the appraisal, transportation, management, or disposal of seized or forfeited assets.
3. Evaluate facts related to assets seized or forfeited in order to provide sound and timely recommendations.
4. Manage assets seized and forfeited under an Asset Forfeiture or similar program for the sale of real property.
5. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of seized asset related reports.
6. Determine legal ramification and financial aspects of cases.
7. Monitor and review reports on seized asset related accounts ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
8. Use judgment in interpreting or adapting asset forfeiture available guidelines to specific asset forfeiture issues.
9. Interpret seized property program regulations to determine compliance and assess asset forfeiture program effectiveness.
10. Review asset forfeiture reports ensuring compliance with asset forfeiture policies and procedures.
11. Assist with property seizures by taking inventories of properties and assets obtained.
12. Ensure that seized property is properly stored and maintained in order to prepare for appropriate security arrangements for valuables.
13. Monitor seized and forfeited asset inventories and the cost effectiveness of management and disposal strategies.
14. Maintain seized property program for tracking and recording purposes.
15. Review receiving asset forfeiture related reports for entry of data into an automated database.
16. Ensure that appropriate adjustments are made to asset forfeiture databases for accurate accountability.
17. Ensure that necessary asset forfeiture related paperwork is submitted and processed.
18. Analyze procedural and administrative issues in seized property management and disposal in order to recommend solutions to problems.
19. Monitor contractor performance and ensure compliance with contract agreement and terms.
20. Establish and maintain communications with other departments and agencies.
21. Assist other departments and agencies in seized property management, security, inventory, and disposal.
22. Monitor asset forfeiture related contracts with an outside agency to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
23. Coordinate asset seizure with other departments and agencies to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
24. Research, interpret, and apply Federal regulations, procedures, and program handbooks/manuals to complete assignments.
25. Develop statistical analyses and evaluations of asset forfeiture program performance.
26. Recommend improvements in the asset forfeiture program and adjustments in utilization to correct deficiencies.
27. Prepare technical guidance on the maintenance and disposal of forfeited property.
28. Conduct audits on asset forfeiture case files to ensure compliance with regulations.