Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we cannot process your application without it.
Read the definitions below and select at least one option you wish to be considered for.
001 - All U.S. Citizens can apply under this option.
002 - Merit Promotion & Veteran Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligibles: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for Merit Promotion or VEOA consideration.)
003 - Noncompetitive Appointment eligibles: I am eligible to be considered under this option because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities include: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans; Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A); Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level] eligibles; Peace Corps employees, current or former Federal employees who have held the same grade level of the full performance grade level listed for this position, or their current has promotion potential to the full performance grade level listed for this position; certain eligible military spouses; and current Federal employees working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment consideration.)
1. Skip this Question and proceed to Question #2.
2. From the descriptions below, choose the statement that BEST describes your education and/or experience relevant to this Human Resources Specialist (Military) position at the GS-9.A. I have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal service) reviewing, processing, and tracking military administrative and personnel actions; maintaining and retrieving personnel data using an automated system; conducting fact finding and recommending solutions to military human resources issues; and advising military personnel and/or management of changes in military service regulations, directives, and policies.
For each of the following task statements, select one response from the list below (A-E) that best describes your experience, education and/or training performing this task.A- I have not had education, training, or experience performing this task.
3. Process promotion actions for various military component personnel.
4. Process Department of Air Force requests for assignment.
5. Process Department of Army requests for assignment.
6. Process and distribute annual training orders and amendments for DOD personnel.
7. Approve and submit for processing Joint Service Awards for uniform personnel.
8. Apply U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army regulations to process, review and complete Reserve Efficiency Reports.
9. Research and resolve critical personnel or pay issues for employees.
10. Provides human resources services and support relating to recruitment, staffing, and training of personnel.
11. Compile and/or retrieve personnel data from an automated employee database system.
12. Track and monitor personnel actions using an automated database system.
13. Notify management of military service regulations, directives, and policy changes that may impact current procedures.
14. Review personnel reports and requests to ensure they meet parent military service requirements.
15. Provide advice and/or information to management necessary for proper planning, organizing, and evaluating human resources programs.
16. Develop reports and documents related to Human Resources Management activities.