Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we cannot process your application without it.
Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and/or 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Competitive Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities include: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment.)
1. Select one statement that best describes your educational background to qualify for this position.A. I have a degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting and/or auditing. The 24 semester hours may include up to 6 semester hours in business law.
2. From the responses below, choose the letter beside the statement that BEST describes your highest level of experience and/or education in order to qualify for the GS-14 level. SELECT ONE LETTER ONLY.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 or higher in the Federal service, that included managing reporting requirements and developing organizational accounting policies and procedures; establishing effective internal controls; and serving as a technical advisor on accounting and financial policies, procedures, and issues for an organization.
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Develop accounting internal control programs for an organization.
4. Conduct long range systems studies for the design, modification, and implementation of automated accounting systems.
5. Undergo audits at a Federal agency.
6. Manage general ledger, calculation, and validation of daily organizational transactions.
7. Establish procedures to ensure the proper reconciliation of all daily processing and automated system transactions.
8. Develop procedural manuals, methods, and directives to be used by internal staff.
9. Develop requirements and guidelines for accounting system program users.
10. Provide guidance on reconciliation procedures, documentation and control requirements, and audit ability of documentation and procedures.
11. Develop solutions to improve accounting program effectiveness.
12. Develop surveys and systems for gathering, analyzing, and validating data.
13. Identify accounting and budgetary problems affecting a program.
14. Provide advice to managers on accounting systems and/or operations problems.
15. Make recommendations for changes and enhancements to the software supporting a financial or accounting system.
16. Recommend review of accounting services from contracted accounting firms.
17. Your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Deliberate attempts to falsify information or to exaggerate your experience level will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- Understand this warning;
- Have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and
- Have verified that your responses accurately reflect your current level of experience as described in your resume or other supporting documents.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire, my application may be rated lower and/or removed from further consideration.