Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Grants Financial Analyst (Team Lead)
Enter the lowest grade level (14-14) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The specialty code for this position is 001 - Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in this position with the Department of Justice. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification.
1. From the descriptions below, select one letter which most closely and accurately demonstrates your ability to perform this work at the GS-14 level. Please select only one response.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service performing the following duties: 1) lead, direct, or manage the work assignments for a group, team, or large project; 2) perform the full range of grant review processes to resolve complex grant management problems that require new approaches; 3) make recommendations to program office or applicant organization as needed; 4) assess financial performance from current grants for: allowable and reasonable costs, past performance for compliance with grant requirements, general and special grant financial conditions, conflicts of interest, organization financial capability, and matching or cost sharing; and 5) provide training and orientation in grants management policies and procedures through seminars, conferences, and other presentations.
Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training. Please check your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Distribute and balance the workload in accordance with established fiscal year workflow and priorities.
3. Communicate to the team deadlines and time frames for completion of task.
4. Track the status and progress of work assignments and make adjustments if necessary.
5. Provide regular status reports to supervisor on progress of workload.
6. Check work in progress to ensure compliance with established procedures, methods, and deadlines.
7. Prepare grant applications for award in conformance with rules, regulations and policies.
8. Analyze program solicitation requirements in relation to grant applications.
9. Assess the relative value of the proposed project against specific goals and criteria.
10. Evaluate the likelihood for achieving stated objectives based on the proposed budget.
11. Review pending applications for compliance with funding and other regulatory requirements.
12. Negotiate to find mutually acceptable solutions involving grant applications, contracts, or agreements.
13. Gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals and objectives of the organization.
14. Persuade others to accept recommendations.
15. Monitor grantee performance to ensure compliance with financial and other terms of the award.
16. Identify potentially controversial findings, issues, or problems with widespread impact.
17. Review adjustments made to grant awards and take necessary actions to ensure requirements are met.
18. Analyze problems presented by grantees for interpretation of rules, regulations and policies.
19. Provide advice to grantees on improvements needed to meet expressed objectives and goals.
20. Assist in the resolution of financial problems encountered during contractual period.
21. Assist in developing criteria and standards in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the priorities of the division.
22. Determine the objectives and strategies for administration of the grant program.
23. Coordinate with other parts of the organization to accomplish goals and objectives.
24. Monitor and evaluate the progress and outcomes of operational plans.
25. Anticipate potential problems or opportunities and make changes as needed.
26. Provide on-the-job training to new employees to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
27. Instruct staff in the areas of fiscal integrity, budget, and grant administration, planning and program implementation.
28. Provide guidance to grant recipients for proposed changes and modification to grants, agreements, or contracts.
29. Prepare memos and policy instructions on financial grant issues raised by states, program directors, regional administrators, or grant recipients.
30. Provide written comments on solicitations for proposals for grants, agreements, or contracts.
31. Coordinate the development of guidelines for disbursing grant/agreement funds.
32. Communicate program concerns and document any problems that may require review and action by senior management.
33. Your responses to this Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your answers. If you provide any intentional false statement(s), deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, you may be fined and/or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); removed from consideration for this position; denied appointment to the position; or removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731)
Please review your answers to ensure accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this warning and
- verify that your responses, to the best of your knowledge and belief, accurately describe your current level of education (if applicable), experience and capability.
Note: If you fail to select a response, you WILL NOT be considered for this position.