Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience to perform the duties of Public Health Advisor, GS-0685-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience providing management and operational advice and assistance on issues relating to a complex range of public health program activities specific to the elimination of HIV/AIDS.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Identify key public health management and administrative issues and their impact on public health policies and procedures directly associated related to the scale-up of programs in HIV prevention and treatment.
3. Assess the effectiveness of current public health policies and determine where new or changed policies are required to effectively execute public health programs directly associated with the elimination of HIV/AIDS.
4. Provide management with recommendations to improve and/or overcome shortfalls and deficiencies in public health programs and formulate alternative courses of action for the solution of complex cross cutting issues in international health.
5. Advise on CDC's strategic direction, program planning, and management as related to global HIV/AIDS as part of U.S. Government Management and Operations.
6. Serve on a management team at the branch, division or center level, with responsibility for day-to-day operations of budget and policy and as the principal advisor on the administrative aspects of the
program operations to resolve matters that are often controversial or complicated (e.g., restructuring resources to meet increasing demands.)
7. Formulate and lead the development and execution of budgets and budget justifications for the purpose of supporting major international public health program activities.
8. Provide advice & guidance and manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of CDC or HHS interagency agreements, grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts with international
9. Manage multiple projects and cross-cutting program activities related to the scale-up of programs in HIV prevention and treatment.
10. Organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and HIV prevention and treatment activities associated with the elimination of HIV/AIDS.
11. Plan, formulate, analyze, evaluate and/or implement complex global program policies and strategies to meet new and novel conditions and improve or overcome shortfalls and deficiencies associated with
HIV prevention and treatment.
12. Define requirements, integrate program activities, assess impact, and make decision on use of resources specific to HIV/AIDS activities.
13. Develop organizational structure and address staffing needs to maintain program viability.
14. Provide workforce management and coordinate staff training for career development.
15. Market and recruit for organization positions to maintain program viability.
16. Serve on public health management review committees, working groups, public health task forces or comparable groups directly associated with global HIV/AIDS.
17. Communicate administrative and policy initiatives critical to public health programs and activities related to the scale-up of programs in HIV prevention and treatment.
18. Represent management on advisory boards associated with the elimination of HIV/AIDS.
19. Develop policies, processes, procedures and systems for implementing tracking and reporting on administrative and operational activities of public health programs associated with the elimination of HIV/AIDS.
20. Develop monitoring & evaluation and assessment reports on new and/or current program initiatives for internal and/or external US Government agencies or partners.
21. Prepare reports used for management decisions, Congressional testimonies and legislative proposals.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.