1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to the position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 in the Federal service that included interpreting and applying Human Resources (HR) staffing, recruitment, and placement policies and procedures to various HR activities; performing operational support activities related to internal and external recruitment; and performing consultation services to managers on various recruitment issues.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in certain areas. For each item, choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best reflects your level of experience and/or training in that area. Check the appropriate button corresponding to that statement if applying online, or darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 if applying using OPM Form 1203-FX. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide managers, employees and job applicants with recruitment and placement procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines.
3. Perform qualification determinations on applicants to determine the best qualified and to ensure conformity to applicable regulations.
4. Ensure personnel actions and processes conform to applicable laws and regulations.
5. Conduct job analyses in concert with agency HR staff and subject matter experts.
6. Utilize an automated staffing system to performing staffing activities.
7. Perform recruitment activities related to hard-to-fill positions.
8. Manage recruitment projects related to senior level positions and/or highly visible or sensitive positions.
9. Manage recruitment activities that involve jobs requiring unusual skill combinations.
10. Perform recruitment activities related to highly technical and scientific positions.
11. Advise managers on the full range of HR functions and assists management in fulfilling their HR management responsibilities.
12. Advise on the implication of proposed management decisions with respect to substantives as well as procedural HR matters.
13. Collaborate with selecting officials to ensure that selection regulations and procedures are followed.
14. Perform recruiting outreach efforts at job fairs and at meetings.
15. Provide guidance on pay setting issues to management and employees.
16. Review recruitment and placement actions and provide advice on difficult issues.
17. Provide solutions to problems pertaining to retention and motivation issues.
18. Recommend new and innovative ideas and suggestions to managers in order to resolve complex HR and management issues.
19. Review classification actions and provides guidance on issues.