Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education which meets the basic qualifications requirements for Counseling Psychologist, GS-0180-12.A. I have degree and completed 2 full academic years of graduate study directly related to professional work in counseling psychology, or satisfactory completion in an accredited educational institution of all the requirements for a master's degree directly related to counseling psychology.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Qualification Requirements for Counseling Psychologist, GS-0180-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level to carry out the full range of counseling services, such as emotional or family relations problems, acute or chronic mental or behavioral health issues for clients requiring counseling rather than referring them to others once the needs has been recognized, and creating a safe and therapeutic environments for clients, and, within the guidelines of patient confidentiality.
3. I am a licensed mental health professional in Georgia.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Provide a full range of psychological services on an outpatient basis.
5. Develop treatment plans in order to improve the overall quality of life for employees.
6. Advise and consult with all levels of professional staff concerning client behavior and psychological characteristics.
7. Provide highly skilled clinical psychological counseling services.
8. Apply a variety of different methods and techniques to help clients resolve problems.
9. Respond to high-risk situations such as suicidal behaviors, substance abuse, domestic violence, child abuse/neglect and elder abuse.
10. Create a safe and therapeutic environment for clients within clients the guidelines of patient confidentiality.
11. Establish and maintain rapport and therapeutic alliance in direct counselor-client relationships.
12. Preserve a psychotherapeutic atmosphere with clients and the professional staff.
13. Teach classes on behavioral health topics such as Suicide Prevention, Stress Management, Bullying and Violence in the workplace.
14. Lead support groups dealing with eldercare issues, parenting for children with ADHD/ADD and Families with members that have a disability.
15. Provide instructions to employees on technical matters.
16. Consult and advise management on how to deal with difficult employees.
17. Consult and advise management in crisis situations such as potential suicide and violence in the workplace.
18. Provide consultation on addiction and psychiatric treatment programs.
19. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.