1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must upload a copy of your Form BIA-4432, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and you are submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must upload a copy of your most recent SF 50-B to verify status, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veterans Preference? Note: You must upload your supporting documentation; otherwise credit will not be given. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.aspA. Yes
4. Do you possess a valid state drivers license which you have held for at least two years preceding this application?A. Yes
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
6. Are you willing to file an OGE Form 450, Executive Branch Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position and annually thereafter, in accordance with 5 CFR 2634, and Executive Order 12674, as modified by Executive Order 12731?A. Yes
Experience Requirements for the Supervisory Financial Specialist, GS-0501-13 position.
7. Please choose the response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualification for the Supervisory Financial Specialist, GS-0501-13 position.A. I have 1 year specialized experience equivalent to or comparable in scope and responsibility to GS-12 in the federal service. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: expert knowledge of financial management concepts, principles and practices; financial management and accounting techniques and procedures; reviewing and analyzing financial plans and summaries, ensuring effective management and accountability of funds, applying analytical methods and techniques to identify and resolve accounting issues, advising on complex financial management issues.
For each of the following statements, choose the one answer that best describes your education and experience in relation to that statement.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
8. Interpret and apply federal laws, regulations, and policies dealing with appropriation law.
9. Develop policy guidelines.
10. Plan, develop and coordinate financial management improvements.
11. Apply necessary accounting concepts to solve problems.
12. Provide financial advice to program managers.
13. Interpret enacted appropriations and legislation to ensure financial transactions meet the intent of the laws.
14. Work with academic vice-president, dean's and program chairs (as applicable) on matters of faculty hiring, disciplinary action, or dismissal for conduct or performance issues.
15. Assign or approve the initiation of specific projects, work assignments and set priorities of the staff to meet management expectations.
16. Review completed assignments or major projects in terms of consistency with the objectives and acceptability to higher-level management,
17. Provide regular guidance to subordinates regarding processing, operational matters, individual cases and requests for regulatory interpretation in the areas of financial management and administration.
18. Take corrective actions when problems are identified.
19. Give subordinates substantial authority and discretion to carry out work activity and make decisions.
20. Advise employees of their performance standards and kept them informed individually of their performance.
21. Conduct formal performance appraisals for employees.
22. Identify employee developmental needs and provided training (formal and on-the-job) to maintain and improve job performance.
23. Participate in decision making sessions with top organizational management officials.
24. Provide advice to program officials, accountants, financial analysts, and other specialists.
25. Devise new methods and criteria to identify trends and patterns.
26. Provide guidance and leadership to develop a management and financial control system.
27. Solve significant problems in the development of accounting systems and subsystems.
28. Resolve accounting problems involving conflict demands.
29. Prepare accounting and financial reports that ensure effective management and accountability of funds.
30. Prepare analysis of financial status to ensure integrity of transactions within the accounting system.
31. Audit fiscal system and method of reporting for sound internal control of financial information.
32. Identify and evaluate reporting deficiencies.
33. Direct the establishment of controls to ensure accurate reporting systems.
34. Interpret procedure, regulation, and requirement in answer to inquiries from others regarding accounting and financial matters.
35. Resolve difficulties encountered in reporting and accounting.
36. Prepare instructional material to ascertain and insure that policies, method, technique and procedure prescribed for service-wide use are adhered to in financial matters within the Region.
37. Consult with management to recommend alternative or action to be taken to rectify unsatisfactory financial conditions.
38. Provide interpretive guidance to other accounting and financial management staff and functional representatives.
39. Present oral presentations formally to groups of various scope and level.
40. Prepare a wide variety of written materials to include analysis reports with suggestions and recommendations, guidance, policy, project proposals, correspondence, memoranda and emails.
41. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. For each task listed below, choose the letter that best describes your answer.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.