Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you eligible for the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)? (For information on VEOA appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 08.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Choose 001 Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position at the grade level(s) posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment or Non-Competitive Promotion if on a permanent basis, you currently hold or have previously held a position at the grade level(s) posted on this vacancy announcement and the position had promotion potential to the GS-08 grade level or above.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement one. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-08 Secretary position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.A. Yes
Please respond to the statement below.
2. I have the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you meet the area of consideration.
3. I am a current (career or career-conditional) federal employee, former employee with reinstatement eligibility, or I am eligible under special hiring authority (Schedule A, VEOA, VRA, etc.) within the greater Cincinnati commute area.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
4. Please select the appropriate response from the list below.A. I am currently serving in a permanent position at the GS-08 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
5. Maintains supervisor's calendar, schedules appointments and brief supervisor on matters to be considered before the scheduled meeting.
6. Researches and resolves time and attendance records.
7. Explains administrative policies and procedures to employees.
8. Organizes, compiles, reproduces and distributes briefing and other related materials.
9. Prepares travel arrangements and completes vouchers after travel has been completed.
10. Communicates with co-workers about workload distribution, priority cases, or similar issues.
11. Responds to inquiries and explaining policies and procedures.
12. Answers a variety of inquiries or forwarding the question to the appropriate person for response.
13. Uses database and spreadsheet programs to input data and print reports.
14. Uses word processing software to prepare letters and reports.
15. Uses E-mail, telephones, fax machines, etc. to coordinate work and communicate with other components or offices.
16. Reviews all outgoing correspondence for grammar, punctuation, snytax, and format.
17. Draft non-technical and/or technical correspondence.
18. Controls all correspondence.