Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 829643
Engineering Equipment Operator
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (08-08) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings ARE subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you claiming Indian Preference and submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment?
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
4. This position requires a valid Commercial Drivers License(CDL), Class A-1? A copy of your license must be submitted prior to employment and you must be able to maintain that license as a condition of employment. Will you be able to provide a copy of your Commercial Drivers License (CDL) (Class A) prior to employment and will you be able to maintain that license?
Question 5 is a screen-out. If you do not meet the screen-out, you will be considered ineligible. Select the appropriate response. For each statement below, select the answer that best describes your current level of experience that demonstrates your ability to do the work of an Engineering Equipment Operator, WG-5716-08 without more than normal supervision. If you leave any questions blank, your rating will be negatively impacted. ANY SKILL THAT YOU INDICATE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH IN THE FOLLOWING OCCUPATIONAL QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE SPECIFICALLY INCLUDED IN A WORK/EXPERIENCE BLOCK ON YOUR APPLICATION/RESUME. This information will be checked against what you have stated in your resume/application.
5. As an Engineering Equipment Operator, incumbent must have the ability to do the work independently; make decisions, plan operations, show job responsiblity, exercise initiative, with examples of work including but not limited to; Making decisions on work site with regard to proceeding with assigned work. Determined priorities and the most effective steps to complete assignments. Maintained time schedules.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to knowledge of, and ability to operate and manage an extensive irrigation systems program. Select only one letter for each task.
6. Operate various types of heavy construction equipment in all types of terrain for completion of job duties.
7. Install and remove all heavy equipment manufacturers attachments with tools recommended for completion of assignment.
8. Load and secure heavy construction equipment to tractor trailor units for hauling.
9. Train lower level employees who have never been exposed to various types of terrain to ensure proper equipment procedure is followed.
10. Analyze safe practices of heavy equipment to ensure compliance with operating procedures.
11. Conduct maintenance of heavy equipment machinery to ensure working efficiently.
12. Inspect all equipment before use for proper operating condition.
13. Maintain equipment records, logs or inventories to ensure completeness of statistical reports.
14. Interpret various project data that applies to operational awareness.
15. Interpret operating instructions of Heavy Equipment to accomplish assigned tasks or work orders effectively and accurately.
16. Determine various hand signals used in day-to-day operations that apply to operator awareness.
17. Adapt behavior or work methods in response to new information, chaning conditions or unexpected obstacles.
18. Assure state and local laws are followed in the operation of equipment.
19. Evaluate the operating capabilities and weight limitations of equipment before use to avoid accidents.
20. Verfiy all safety rules and regulations in the operation of equipment being used on the job to ensure satey at all times.
21. Advise subordinate operators to wear appropriate safety gear to comply with safety regulations.
22. Inspect all equipment for deficiencies before operational use to avoid any incidents.
23. Operate equipment with caution to avoid hazards that might precipitate an accident report.
24. Provide certifiable safety training i.e. "tail gate" sessions, as it applies to on the job saftey and awareness.
25. Operate heavy equipment used on the job without causing damage to equipment or property.
As previously explained, your ratings in the Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you; (a) understand this warning, (b) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy and (c) verify that your responses accurately described your current level of experience and capability.
26. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.