Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (12) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Your responses to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making selection decisions.
The following questions relate to the eligibility requirements for this vacancy. Please answer "Yes" or "No" to the questions below.
1. Are you a US Citizen?A. Yes
2. Are you a graduate of a degree program in pharmacy from an approved college or university? The degree program must have been approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), or prior to the establishment of ACPE, have been a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). Verification of approved degree programs may be obtained from the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education, 311 West Superior Street, Suite 512, Chicago, Illinois 60610-3537 Phone: (312) 664-3575), or through their Web site at: http://www.acpe-accredit.org/.A. Yes
3. Are you a graduate of a foreign pharmacy degree program or did you graduate from a U.S.-based non-ACPE accredited degree program that is found to be equivalent to degree programs recognized by the ACPE. This finding may be based on any of the following:
(a) A letter of acceptance into a United States graduate pharmacy program recognized by the ACPE.
(b) Written certification from the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Commission, 700 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068, Phone (847) 698-6227, that the individual has successfully passed the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination.
(c) A letter from a United States college or university with a pharmacy degree program recognized by ACPE stating that the individual’s pharmacy degree has been evaluated and found to be equivalent to its Bachelor of Pharmacy degree or higher.
4. Do you have at least 1 year of experience at the next lower grade level that is directly related to the position to be filled?A. Yes
5. Have you completed an ACPE-accredited Pharm.D. program OR will you be completing a 1 year post-Pharm.D. ASHP accredited VA Residency within the next 90 days.
6. Do you possess a full, current and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rice), or the District of Columbia?A. Yes (You must include your license number and state on your resume or application OR include a copy of the licensure)
7. Applicants must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be medically suitable to perform the essential duties of a Pharmacist efficiently and without hazard to themselves and others. Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination?A. Yes
8. Pharmacists appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English. Are you proficient in spoken and written English?A. Yes
9. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates, and review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
10. Prior to appointment or following appointment to a position you may be selected for random testing for illegal drug use. Are you willing to undergo urinalysis drug tests?A. Yes
Pharmacists at this grade level must demonstrate all the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
11. Knowledge of professional pharmacy practice.
12. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to both patients and health care staff.
13. Knowledge of laws, regulations, and accreditation standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs and pharmacy security.
14. Skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug therapies, including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
15. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.