Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 05.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Industry Compliance Specialist, GS-301-05.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Industry Compliance Specialist, GS-301-07.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Apply knowledge of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act to accomplish work.
4. Apply knowledge of the FDA Regulatory Procedures and Compliance programs to accomplish work.
5. Apply directives from other agencies, such as the USDA, Food and Safety and Inspection Service.
6. Participate and/or assist in the investigation of industry violation of compliance to governing rules and regulations.
7. Identify various problems and situations that affect a wide range of compliance activities.
8. Maintain files and manuals related to compliance programs.
9. Utilize an information system to support a variety of compliance programs.
10. Maintain a computerized database for advisory actions, judicial actions, and/or assignments involving compliance programs.
11. Enter information into computer programs and update the Import Tolerance web-pages.
12. Track data information using computer software.
13. Generate reports utilizing computer software/programs.
14. Search databases for information or actions taken on various issues involving industry compliance to FDA regulations, rules and laws.
15. Organize, catalogue, and enter information into computer matrix spreadsheets.
16. Use database management programs to edit and manage a variety of administrative/management data.
17. Prepare special reports, presentations, and summaries.
18. Organize and prepare reports on compliance program activities.
19. Develop reports, memoranda, and other written correspondence to explain study findings and recommendations.
20. Provide written information to others.
21. Participate in meetings and briefings.
22. Discuss issues and/or problems with others to resolve regulatory, compliance action, or data management issues.